Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
As far as i know Fujitsu make the processor, it's the big black one on the left.
That's a Japanese company but they are all over Asia including China so where the actually chips are made???

What I read somewhere: Taiwan.

03-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #47
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is Interesting. Shipping in April. Full HD H.264 1920x1080p $36 per

[EDIT: - Article was from March, 2011 and shipments were projected April, 2011. See the next post)

Fujitsu's next-gen Milbeaut image processor does single-chip Hi-Vision video, 20MP stills

Last edited by monochrome; 03-27-2012 at 06:14 PM.
03-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
I could be very, very wrong on this, but isn't the processor the unlabeled, square chip in the lower left? It wouldn't surprise me if the two Hynix chips are ram, or something along those lines.

I'm guessing. I may be totally off base on this.
I added that actually and indeed the two Hynix chips are ram, which isn't surprising when you look at their site.

Thanks Ron, they are all over Asia so could be.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This is Interesting. Shipping in April. Full HD H.264 1920x1080p $36 per

Fujitsu's next-gen Milbeaut image processor does single-chip Hi-Vision video, 20MP stills
Milbeaut Imaging Processors : Fujitsu Global

03-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I swear Rico you must have several of these preset rants on your desktop and just copy past
I should, but no, I actually churn these out manually. Wotta perv, eh?

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I know of at least one member here who has far more 50mm than that alone
That member claims to have disposed of many, pared-down to fighting trim or whatever.

I sometimes mention a lens-ownership poll not too long ago at the ManualFocusLens site. The responding members' average was about 100. One admitted to over 1500. My ~230 count isn't too deviant.

And maintaining my database is fun. I extract data such as: My average AF lens cost 20x my average MF lens. I have equal numbers of M42 and PK mount lenses, and of AF and MF zooms. I've sold 1/3 of the lenses I've owned. I profited most from selling Canon FD lenses, and least from selling Pentax. And: I have far more Pentax lenses than any other single brand.

03-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #50
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Sorry not posting any pics just yet, but here's a very brief listing in words for now - pics will come sometime relatively soon...

Starting off with two lens' in the following camera mounts...

(Actually just one for Meade) 4064mm f8.0 (This one permenantly mounted); a friend of mine has an actual portable one which barely fits into a pick-up truck bed. My friend also has a (literal) professional <Brashaer> telescope which I use frequently.

For the Hasselblad H... 28mm f4.0 & 120mm f4.0

Mayima... 75mm f4.5 & 110mm f2.8

Leica... 50mm f0.95 & (Voigtlanger) 35mm f1.2

Sony... (Schneider) 50mm f2.8 & 24-70 f2.8 cz

Yes I'm unfortunately insured for just short of 100 dedicated lens
If you have 100 lenses then you have me beat. I had four Pentax 67 bodies and ten 67 lenses from 35mm fisheye to 400mm F4.0 with 2x TC but I am now down to one 67 and four 67 lenses. I had two 4x5 view cameras , one Cambo Legend LX and one Wista field Rosewood with a myriad of lenses. Here is a link to some of my astro optics:
CN gallery
03-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This is Interesting. Shipping in April. Full HD H.264 1920x1080p $36 per Fujitsu's next-gen Milbeaut image processor does single-chip Hi-Vision video, 20MP stills
This thread is starting to get really interesting... but hmm, does this mean that the sensor and processor should go in tandem? 20mp sensor for 20mp processor, or something like that?
03-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #52
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
This thread is starting to get really interesting... but hmm, does this mean that the sensor and processor should go in tandem? 20mp sensor for 20mp processor, or something like that?
I misread - that article was from March, 2011. It might refer to the sensor in the K-01, though.
03-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #53
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Those rare earth tantalum caps probably from China.
Battery from China
Flex circuit too.
Stamped metal parts...

It may be assembled in Philippines, but components are sourced from everywhere in the World today.
You may want to try a pre-war camera.

03-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
You may want to try a pre-war camera.
Which war? I've lost count.
03-28-2012, 04:21 AM   #55
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
If you have 100 lenses then you have me beat. I had four Pentax 67 bodies and ten 67 lenses from 35mm fisheye to 400mm F4.0 with 2x TC but I am now down to one 67 and four 67 lenses. I had two 4x5 view cameras , one Cambo Legend LX and one Wista field Rosewood with a myriad of lenses.

Darn, I only have one 67, but actually use it more than both my Mayima and Hasselblad combined. It should also be noted that; the Pentax medium format system is technically more of a cost effective system that even two of the flagship full frame cameras from Nikon and Canon - although theres also the size and weight issues.

Also I only have 98 lens' and one doesn't quite work properly, so I guess that takes it down to 97
03-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
It's about how much data it can process.

QuoteQuote:
allowing both high-speed continuous shooting at 8 frames per second (at a 14 megapixel resolution)
So it can process 8 14mp photos at a second so around... 112mp per second.
In case of the k-01 that use 16mp sensor it should mean 7fps.

Numbers doesn't sound high but this very fast because the camera isn't filling the buffer so you can shoot those numbers till the card is full, at least so far the processor is concerned.
The k-01 can only shoot at 6 fps so would be intersting to see if it's true.

doesn't seem to be the case so i wonder if it uses the processor we are quoting...
Continuous Shooting (JPEG) 6fps (6 shots before slowdown)
Continuous Shooting (with Flash) 2fps (12 shots only)
Continuous Shooting (RAW) 1fps (9 shots before slowdown)

ps. could it maybe be that the liveview is slowing the k-01 down so much?

Last edited by Anvh; 03-28-2012 at 07:29 AM.
04-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #57
Veteran Member

I'll state it for the OP, if you buy chinese and are American your a disgrace to the country and are people and you"ll be the downfall of this country selling your souls to China the way americans do, complain about not having a job, being broke, blame yourself for letting all the production getting taken away by the chinese. Keep shopping at wallmart and your dollar stores handing all our profit to china for us to keep the chump change to barely survive...
04-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #58
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
I'll state it for the OP, if you buy chinese and are American your a disgrace to the country and are people and you"ll be the downfall of this country selling your souls to China the way americans do, complain about not having a job, being broke, blame yourself for letting all the production getting taken away by the chinese. Keep shopping at wallmart and your dollar stores handing all our profit to china for us to keep the chump change to barely survive...

...And what kind of vehicle might you drive?

There are only two american labels left for any version of that answer. Soon a majority of Fords will be both made and assembled outside of all of North america. The same for what remains of General Motors.

And the american taxpaying public stuck to bail out most of the automotive industry how many times; and to what extent.

Stuck to bail of GMAC, now Ally btw. And why bail out GMAC? Any number of companies/banks would be more than willing to step in.

Also stuck to bail out Chrysler - right before it is sold out yet again to Fiat - now owned lock, stock, and barrel by the French.

I would not have minded seeing a majority of the entire banking industry and the ever so sad american label car industry run out of the country - entirely.

To conclude for now - ever wonder who directly finances the united states of america, the american flag, and for all practical purposes owns america - it's China
04-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #59
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
To conclude for now - ever wonder who directly finances the united states of america, the american flag, and for all practical purposes owns america - it's China
Truthfully, 66% of the debt issued by the United States Government is owned by Americans through mutual funds and their retirement plans or by the Federal Reserve. Of the 34% that is externally owned, China owns less than the British, Canadians or the combined Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds.

In answer to the automotive question, my Honda Accord has a higher North American parts and labor content (71%) than any vehicle manufactured by General Motors. As far as US jobs are concerned, large manufacturers are (where possible) moving them back onshore since it is now less costly to make things here than to make them overseas and ship them here. Big Labor knows this - nad wants to control these jobs as they return. That's why they're promoting Card Check and making up such things as the BS they alledged agasinst Boeing in South Carolina.
04-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #60
Site Supporter

With no disrespect to those that have posted (or the opinions expressed) I think after about sixty posts the original posters question has been answered as well as it's going to be. Perhaps the conversation could be continued/moved to the non-camera part of the forum.
Closed Thread