Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
Forum Member

quick question -- anyone tried switching out the silver hardware on the black K-o1 with the black hardware on the white K-o1 for a black-on-black K-o1?

05-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cristigj Quote
quick question -- anyone tried switching out the silver hardware on the black K-o1 with the black hardware on the white K-o1 for a black-on-black K-o1?
Pity Pentax didn't, I'd like black on black
Pete
05-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It wouldn't look as good as it sounds on paper*. The black paint on the black/yellow bodies is textured, and the black paint on the silver/white bodies is a smooth finish (and has a more blue tone). You'd be better off getting a white body, tearing it down, and painting the shell black.

*or computer screen. Plus, all-black cameras are bleh for my tastes - but I grew up in the age of chrome (not crappy silver paint, actual metal ).
05-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
the K-01 was the occasion to do some good improvement in design and conception in fact

05-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Want "K-01 private K mount lens" :

05-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #21
Inactive Account

This guy has done something very similar : Replacing the Pentax K-01 Grip | photographybanzai.com
05-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
This guy has done something very similar : Replacing the Pentax K-01 Grip | photographybanzai.com
What he did was swap the rubber grips and strap lugs, and gave up trying to remove the flash housing after he dinged it trying to pry it off. Again, the black flash housing doesn't match the black body - it would look like a shiny black car with a flat black hood. Or a bald guy who shaves his head to hide it, but you can tell by his five o'clock shadow (speaking as a bald guy who notices these things ).

05-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #23
Forum Member

I have a black one and I have a white one. I dont know...I think it'd look okay. I am saying, take the black flash-mount, black mode dial, shutter/off/on switch and the black selection dial and the black lugs from the white one and putting them on the black one. Black on black --- Henri Cartier-Bresson swore by it. He used to paint his cameras black so they wouldn't reflect light and alert people to his presence, or at least to his cameras presence. Be nice to try out, if it could be done without irreparably destroying 2 perfectly good cameras in the process. That tutorial didnt look too promising. Looks like some pieces may be easier to get apart than get back together.

Now, two black buttons to replace the Red and Green buttons would be good too. I think the white one would look a little wonky with silver-on-white...but that's just me.
05-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's my point - HCB used to paint his cameras. Tearing apart one camera and painting the shell it has GOT to be easier, less risky, (and cheaper!) than tearing apart two cameras, and it can produce better results. If the nuts on DigitalRevTV can paint a camera pinkenta without even taking it apart, then anybody ought to be able to do it.

I guess I'm picky about mixing slightly different shades of black, white, or silver (especially silver!). It seems like a group of people who are known for worrying about things like exact color reproduction (and want a black-on-black camera for the appearance) would mind if the colors didn't really match. I mean, it's not like the silver bits on the black K-01 make it noticeable - it doesn't look like a "real" camera, so it's socially invisible.
05-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Forget your black-on-black. Why hasn't anybody noticed this picture in the article??

I want one!!!!

QuoteQuote:
Was released in 100 units limited to 2010 "Kr Kore Janai Robo Model". I was realized in collaboration with the design company "crayfish Works"