Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #16
Banned

I did two 'modern-retro' digital concepts myself (drawings, not a fancy digital rendering) based on the spotmatic and SV. without compromising for engineering or existing internal technology restraints, I think I came up with two very nice digital cameras, but I know there is a world of difference between what I envisioned and what would hit the shelves. so comparing a k-01 to anything that is purely design idea is a bit off to me. especially something that isn't even pentax. but it seems that some people are willing to use any excuse to say how terrible the K-01's design is.

that being said, I find it humorous this concepts lens seems to be manual focus (at least it looks that way) for a camera that is otherwise exceptionally modern in implementation. interesting concept.

03-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
[...]but it seems that some people are willing to use any excuse to say how terrible the K-01's design is.
Not my intention in starting this thread, as I actually own a K-01 and rather like its looks.

It was more about how that rendering closely resembled something I described in one of these threads, responding to speculations about future K-0x cameras. Also, It's a direction (towards a mini-medium format esthetic with more modularity) I'd like to see the camera industry take. Nothing wrong with seeding the public consciousness we call the internet with cool ideas.

Last edited by mervis; 03-28-2012 at 02:26 PM.
03-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please note the 18mm flange focal distance. Unless you expect Pentax to develop yet another new mount and lenses this camera can never be a Pentax. A 46.45mm FFD demands a K-01-dimensioned body. Or dSLR. All this talk of adapters (all you lose is AF capability!!!) is BS.

Also, review THIS thread on what's inside the K-01. I don't know how the Nex7 does it but how would Pentax get the APSc sensor and all those other elements into an 18mm body with a Li-190 battery? Where would they add the EVF, for that matter? I think if PRI had just given us a nice aluminum dedicated shoe-mount EVF or framed rangefinder like an M9 people would have been happy.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.
03-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
...this camera can never be a Pentax.
Obviously. Talking about concepts, ways of thinking, cocktail napkin stuff.

03-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #20
Site Supporter

I think it'd be neater still to remove the LCD entirely, and make use of that high-res EVF exclusively. Could make for an even better form factor!
03-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K6-III Quote
I think it'd be neater still to remove the LCD entirely...
Wait. What about my instant gratification??
03-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #22
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mervis Quote
Oh hell, just do this (courtesy Ken Rockwell)

03-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mervis Quote
I don't see why the EFV couldn't be used for playback.