Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #1

Dinner in Chinatown: A Photo Diary with the Pentax K-01

Posted today (March 26, 2012) on the FASHIONmeGREEN web site by Greta Eagan of GretaGuide:

Dinner in Chinatown: A Photo Diary with the Pentax K-01.

Also: What I Wore: Aspen Fashion Week After Party. In this entry, Ms. Eagan, the photographer, photographed herself in the mirror with her yellow K-01.

I just now found these images while doing a Google search. It is a colorful series of images as shot by (I presume) a non-professional. They may not be masterpieces (it appears that she may not have done much, if any, post processing), but they show off what the K-01 can do in the hands of a member of one of its targeted consumer groups.

-----

Update March 27, 2012: Ned Bunnell, President of Pentax Ricoh, USA

Ned Bunnell has just mentioned Greta Eagan's two blog entries on his own blog: Ned's Photo Journal. While you are there, be sure to look Mr. Bunnell's entry entitled: FA77mm & K-01 Sample Shots.

It makes me wonder if Ms. Eagan is her own camera, or if it is a loaner.

-----

The following is from FASHIONmeGREEN.com's "About" page (which reveals that her well intended views of reality and mine are probably completely unalike, but that's neither here nor there; I just don't want anyone here to assume I am promoting her viewpoints):
As a leading style site for the fashionably conscious, FASHIONmeGREEN has become a mainstream resource for eco-luxe living. Be inspired by our Eco-Fashion Makeovers. Find real life sustainable fashion in action on our Blog. Check out our GreenBook for global cool hunting with conscious insider tips from celebrities and influencers. And get the latest from FASHIONmeGREEN plus exclusive offers from our partners when you sign up for our Newsletter.

Through the experience of running a successful style site, FASHIONmeGREEN has transitioned into a creative consultancy based in New York that specializes in strategy and content production in the fashion and beauty sector with a focus on sustainability. Let us help you create strategy and messaging for your brand that upholds style standards as high as the eco ones.

FASHIONmeGREEN was founded by Greta Eagan in April of 2010. As a leading conscious living consultant, spokesperson, expert and strategist, her expertise is backed by nine years in the fashion industry with graduate work at the London College of Fashion, European School of Economics and the London School of Economics. She is one of the first experts in the field to boast academic credentials with a Masters in International Management, specializing in Sustainable Fashion.

Greta’s commitment to bridging the gap between main stream and eco-fashion is fueled by a network of talented and influential professionals. This network is the cornerstone of FASHIONmeGREEN and ensures the delivery of quality content backed by cutting edge ideas.

Last edited by Welfl; 03-27-2012 at 03:18 PM.
03-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Looks good enough. Mostly slightly under-exposed, but it may have been a gloomy day or the camera settings. The use of those in-built filters at the end of the set certainly darkened everything even further.
03-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Looks good enough.
That's a fair assessment. I guess my thoughts were (are) that the average people who frequent that site, who aren't photography experts, might be impressed by them and, as such, by/buy the K-01.

I also see now that it is a fashion web site (Pentax's marketing to that demographic may have worked, at least in this case). In the previous entry, Greta photographed herself in the mirror with the K-01. I suppose I had better include that link in my original post.

Last edited by Welfl; 03-27-2012 at 01:22 PM.
03-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That looks good!

We need more rolmodels like you to make the K-01 hip and fashionable!

03-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
like you
Like me?

I'm a guy living in the middle of the western Nebraska prairie, not a female fashionista living in New York City.

But I certainly agree with you. Pentax needs more people like her (and like other people) to promote their newest product!

Last edited by Welfl; 03-27-2012 at 08:02 AM.
03-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Thanks for this, pretty interesting read
03-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Thanks for this, pretty interesting read
You're welcome.
03-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
Like me?

I'm a guy living in the middle of the western Nebraska prairie, not a female fashionista living in New York City.

But I certainly agree with you. Pentax needs more people like her (and like other people) to promote their newest product!
Funny I read that now, this morning I just clickt too the article. Nebraska is cold (as far as I know).

03-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #9

Original Poster
Funny I read that now, this morning I just clickt too the article.
Don't feel bad. That is exactly what I usually do too.

Nebraska is cold (as far as I know).
Actually, our temperatures vary a lot here in western Nebraska.

So far, in the month of March 2012, we've had (in Fahrenheit):

Two days in the 30s (both 39).
Two days in the 40s (40 = 4.4 C)
Three days in the 50s (50 = 10.0 C)
Six days in the 60s (60 = 15.6 C)
Ten days in the 70s (70 = 21.1 C)
Three days in the low 80s (80 = 26.7 C)

It is supposed to be in the 70s and 80s for the rest of the week (if the forecast can be trusted). But it has also been very windy a few days (like today and yesterday). If I had a working bicycle or an electric car (ha), I would have been out taking lots of pictures this month (but not on the windy days).

Yes, this has been an unusually warm March for us (it does not normally reach the 80s this often), but we frequently have relatively warm winter temperatures (this winter has been relatively warm). But, when it gets cold here, it gets really cold!
03-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

This is great. Thanks for posting. One of the best things about this will be watching the photo snobs go nuts at a fashionista using the camera.

I agree that the shots were a little underexposed, and I find mine does the same. I just bumped mine up to +0.3EV. Still, they looked good and I think the people that view that site will like the photos.

Oh, and the black/yellow K-01 looks good in her hands.
03-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
This is great. Thanks for posting.
You're welcome. I was glad to have found it.

One of the best things about this will be watching the photo snobs go nuts at a fashionista using the camera.
One of my favorite pastimes is to irritate snobs and/or humble the so-called "credentialed experts" wherever I may find them.

I just bumped mine up to +0.3EV
I wonder if things like an imperfect EV are ever fixed in firmware updates (meaning make the "0 EV" setting behave more reasonably). I would think it would be doable.

I think the people that view that site will like the photos.
I agree, especially after they saw her holding the K-01 in the mirror in the previous entry. They may now be thinking (in more modern terms, of course), "I simply must have one of those if I want to continue to be taken seriously."

What do you want to bet that she chose her outfit to match her K-01?

P.S. Someone really should show her the benefits of (at least minimal) post processing. I made her self-portrait look really good in under five seconds in iPhoto. I think she would be really excited to learn how easy it is to do for almost anyone.

Last edited by Welfl; 03-27-2012 at 02:10 PM.
03-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #12

Original Poster
Update March 27, 2012:

Guess what I just found. Ned Bunnell, President of Pentax Ricoh, USA, has just mentioned Greta Eagan's two blog entries on his own blog: Ned's Photo Journal. While you are there, be sure to look this entry by Mr. Bunnell: FA77mm & K-01 Sample Shots.

It makes me wonder if it is her own camera, or if it is a loaner.

Last edited by Welfl; 03-27-2012 at 02:47 PM.
03-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Well there are a lot of things that looks good in her hands and K-01 is a good start!