Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I did try Adobe DNG converter. Didn't help much - Capture One still can't read the files correctly. I guess I'll just have to use Silkypix to convert my K-01 DNG files :-)
However, I would prefere to use Capture One Pro, which I use for RAW-files from my K-5 and K20D. Capture One Pro is a great tool for converting and editing RAW-files. Silkypix, however, does have one nice feature: It can auto-correct exposures in a batch induvidually. Sometimes - when I do panoramas, using manual exposure and manual WB, there's still a tiny differnce in brightness from one frame to annother (due to inaccurate aperture or shutter?), which will eventually spoil the final panorama image. Silkypix can take care of these minor differencies thus prepare for a nice, smooth lokking panorama.
Perhaps Capture One actually has the same feature - I just haven't found it yet :-)
But Capture One Pro is a bit tricky, when it comes to batch convertions. That's a bit odd actually, since it's a pro software made for VERY expensive medium format digital cameras, which I can't afford (l'll just have to rely on my trusted Pentax 67II for high resolution work).

Regards
Jens

Last edited by Photodana; 04-01-2012 at 03:46 AM.
04-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SilkyPix can't read my K-01 DNG files now.

Funny add on. I've used Elements 9 without problems converting DNG. As a response to this thread I did update the Windows codec so I can see thumbnails which makes PP a lot easier. Just for grins I finally installed the SilkyPix that came with my K-01

It can't read the DNG files
04-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #18

My guess is you'll need to wait until Adobe adds the K-01 to their list. Strange because supposedly DNG was supposed to be universal - now we find out there are different versions.
04-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mervis Quote
My guess is you'll need to wait until Adobe adds the K-01 to their list. Strange because supposedly DNG was supposed to be universal - now we find out there are different versions.
They changed some things in regards to colours in version 1.2 but it's strange they don't support the older version or are you talking about silkypix.
It seems the OP has no problem with that one.

The proof that DNG is universal is with older version of Photoshop, they never had a problem with DNG of the K5 for example.