Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What Android player for K-01 video?

I shot a couple of clips tonight and imported them into my Transformer (android tablet). The stock android player won't play it, and I downloaded a couple of different players from the market. They would load it but play it in slow motion. I recorded in 1080p at 30fps.

What video player should I use to play these on my tablet?

03-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not sure about the tablet, but generally speaking when playback is slow its due to the processor not being fast enough. Might need to downsize to 720p or find a file format that is more efficient.
Although I still don't know the capabilities of your tablet so this may not be your solution.
03-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Coud be, but this is a dual-core tablet running the latest version of Android. It's supposed to be pretty powerful.

I think it's a player/codec issue, but don't know for sure.
03-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a similar tablet and use MX Video Player. Have had best luck with it for not only downloads but also my Pentax, Sony, Canon and Panasonic camera video. latest version is 1.6 and an ad-free Pro version is available. All on the android market. Recommend you try it if not already.

03-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Coud be, but this is a dual-core tablet running the latest version of Android. It's supposed to be pretty powerful.

Yes it is powerful, but not powerful enough to decode 1080p video at that high bit rate. It might be a codec issue with the default player. Like the other poster said, try MX Player, if it plays slow with hardware decoding enabled, then you have to encode to a lower bitrate video. For example my K-x has 33 Mbps video files. I imagine the K-5 is even higher.
03-31-2012, 04:05 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote

The tegra 2 while "powerful" only has up to 1080p h264 Baseline profile support for HW decoding. The processor is too slow to decode 1080p video without graphics processor support. Try the MX Video player like others have suggested and lower the bitrate/profile if it's adjustable on the camera.
04-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

tegra 2 is missing some important support for profiles so video playback is really hurt by that sadly...
Try bsplayer, that one is the fastest for me and you can unlock your tablet and overclock it.
My transformer is running at 1,6ghz for example
04-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
tegra 2 is missing some important support for profiles so video playback is really hurt by that sadly...
Try bsplayer, that one is the fastest for me and you can unlock your tablet and overclock it.
My transformer is running at 1,6ghz for example
Good info. Thanks for that.

04-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I can point you in the direction to root your tablet if you want to "experiment" with it?
I used this one but it doesn't seeem to work with the new update. [Tool]Razorclaw - One click Root for all ASUS Transformers, 3G and Slider(25-12-2011) - xda-developers
If you still have honeycomb you can try this [ROOT] NachoRoot -All Honeycomb Firmwares - xda-developers
Then you need to update the clock work mod and then you install a custom rom and a custom kernel.

ps. beside BSplayer also try Dice player, i've those two plus MX player installed, BSplayer is used the most because it's the fastest but sometimes it got some problems playing a file.
04-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I can point you in the direction to root your tablet if you want to "experiment" with it?
I used this one but it doesn't seeem to work with the new update. [Tool]Razorclaw - One click Root for all ASUS Transformers, 3G and Slider(25-12-2011) - xda-developers
If you still have honeycomb you can try this [ROOT] NachoRoot -All Honeycomb Firmwares - xda-developers
Then you need to update the clock work mod and then you install a custom rom and a custom kernel.

ps. beside BSplayer also try Dice player, i've those two plus MX player installed, BSplayer is used the most because it's the fastest but sometimes it got some problems playing a file.
Thanks. I rooted my Nook Color and I rooted my phone, but TBH (except for the Nook, of course), I didn't really take advantage of it. I do like having that option, though.

I prowl around the XDA forums on occasion. I assume you do, too.
04-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Indeed, i've always rooted my phones and couldn't wait to root my tablet, one of the reasons i went with android.
I have the B80 version of the Transformer and so had to wait several months for a root *sighs*
I'm currently running Revolver ICS version with 0.7 meh kernel and it works well, too bad he hasn't have an update out yet to fix some bugs.
04-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Forum Member

I use mVideoPlayer and my friend uses Rock player or something like that.. seems to play just about everything.
04-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pilgrimingvine Quote
I use mVideoPlayer and my friend uses Rock player or something like that.. seems to play just about everything.
Also on Tegra 2?
That's the problem you see...