Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I don't usually think all that much of CNET camera reviews, but it seems like their assessment was fair here.

I respect Pentax's attempt to be different, but I do not think this camera will win them many new Pentaxians. I am still waiting to meet another K-01 owner that did not already own K lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
One other complaint I disagree with is the LCD in bright sunlight. It's obviously not the best, but framing is just not that hard with the camera, regardless of the light. I've shot many times in the middle of the day without real problems. Yeah, it's not the best, but no LCD is. Yet somehow, millions of people seem to make it work each day (LCDs, not K-01's).
I agree with you on the LCD... I think all this negative talk boils down to the fact that it doesn't have an EVF/eye level viewfinder. I have found the K-01's display to work just as well in sunlight as my Olympus E-P3. You can even jack up the brightness to overcome extremely bright situations... you may not be able to read the histogram, but you can frame a picture.