Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Edit ... excusez-moi, SVP

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Ah oui,

Well said ... proud to be a fellow Okie ... Boomer!

PS - Please notice that my new avatar is a French donkey ... c'est fait exprès!

Salut mes amis "bi-polar", J Frog
Excuse my French ... I wrote "donkey" when I meant "jackass" ... on peut rigoler quand même!

04-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
He can be quite polarized, but I don't really think of him as a Pentax hater. Just a disgruntled Pentax user.

But I do appreciate that he sometimes has news that I haven't seen on this forum.
They only thing is Rice Low went several years ~5 without actually having owned a lot of the bodies and lenses he was reviewing. In fact he would handle them for 5 minutes at a dealer or from a friend in then wax eloquent like he is some kind of authority on them. You can find any more Negative person towards the Pentax brand than Rice Low. It wouldn't surprise me if he is a Canon employee.
04-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
He is very predictable. We saw him go through the same cycles here at the pentax forum (before he was excommunicated for repeatedly breaking the forum rules): first he gets himself so steamed up on a product when it is announced, then he likes it quite a lot, then he doesn't like it, then he hates it, and then he conclude Pentax is doomed. Now, he ain't the only one going through these cycles, but he certainly was one of the worst cases. His blog? Haven't visited it for ages.
I agree. I haven't been to his blog in ages either and decided that by doing so I was just feeding his brand of narcissism.
04-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rice High got into trouble on this forum for his self-promotion. He flogged his blog no end here. It wasn't actually his opinions that got him into trouble. In the end, he just left (I don't think he is actually banned, but I could be wrong).

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/63194-i-am-leaving-pentaxfo...tml#post632441

04-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Rice High Low got into trouble on this forum for his self-promotion. He flogged his blog no end here. It wasn't actually his opinions that got him into trouble. In the end, he just left (I don't think he is actually banned, but I could be wrong).
Here is his good by k.m.a. thread.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/63194-i-am-leaving-pentaxfor...bye-folks.html

There are some classic quotes. (Sorry Peter Zack that was some of the funny crap I have ever seen on this forum)

QuoteQuote:
"Peter Zack, who is well known to be a stupid fanboy but nothing else."
QuoteQuote:
"self importance of a few moribund and self important 'moderators' drives me mad"

Last edited by Blue; 04-16-2012 at 05:46 PM.
04-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #21
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Rice Low is a legend in his own mind.
I have to give credit where credit is due, though. He is one of the most adept trolls I've ever seen.

Last edited by Parallax; 04-14-2012 at 03:42 PM.
04-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I thought there was a gentleman's agreement to not mention, or link, to that guys blog.
04-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I thought there was a gentleman's agreement to not mention, or link, to that guys blog.
If so, someone should provide this gentleman's club guidelines to newly joined members, as I found Rice High through google and correlated him to some mentions here

04-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
Site Supporter

If so, someone should provide this gentleman's club guidelines to newly joined members, as I found Rice High through google and correlated him to some mentions here
Does he actually own a K-01 or sued a comp unit for a period of time?

QuoteQuote:
Played a "panda" unit at a shop briefly, found the following:-

. . .

Okay, nevertheless, I think I still will not buy the K-01, as it is meaningless to add it in my Pentax lineup,
04-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Does he actually own a K-01 or sued a comp unit for a period of time?
It wasn't a bad review, and he does make a point. I am not getting the K-01 myself because I want to get the k-5.
04-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #26
Site Supporter

It wasn't a bad review, and he does make a point. I am not getting the K-01 myself because I want to get the k-5.
That wasn't my point. He went for years without upgrading from a k100d and wrote tons of that stuff and also collected every negative thing on the internet and his site served as a repository. Maybe I should go down to the Best Buy and fondle some Canikon for 20 minutes and write some reviews.
:sarcasm:
Closed Thread