Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2012, 02:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by minilink Quote
Yes I totally agree with you.
Sorry my answer was kind of rough since I was a bit angry.

It's just that I'll probably have to get a recorder and it will make things harder.
Instead of just having to edit the video, I'll have to import the different audio files as well, find the correct one, synchronize it to the video etc...
If I have just one single video, that would be ok. But when you do a montage with several videos it's a pain in the butt
Look up PluralEyes

07-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
All right, I completely forgot to post the video I was supposed to do so here it is.
I apologize if it's difficult for you to understand me but I'm a native from France.

Just for your information, all 3 microphone I tested worked perfectly fine on my computer. I've tested them with different softwares and settings and everything was ok.

But on the K-01 you can hear the noise and it's even louder with the wireless microphone (impossible to do a decent interview).

Notice how I have the lowest noise using the internal microphone and using an external microphone is even worse.

By the way, you can also hear that constant noise sound in this video interview of this same k-01 forum : https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-01/190554-video-interview.html

Last edited by minilink; 07-03-2012 at 07:15 PM.
07-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Listen to the interview in this video - the sound is quite good. Maybe you and Ron should communicate about the settings he used.
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #19

Original Poster

By the way, you can also hear that constant noise sound in this video interview of this same k-01 forum : https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-01/190554-video-interview.html
I was exactly talking about this interview on my last post.
You can still here the constant noise.
It's like a constant hiss in the background
I'm sorry I might "sound" picky about that but that disturb me since I like making videos :s

Just listen at the difference between this video shot with the K-01 :

And this one shot by another camera at the same place :

Last edited by minilink; 07-03-2012 at 10:05 PM.
07-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #20
Banned

Photos: Gallery
O wow, I have to look into that, since it's my video.

I used for the real interview an external mic (Rode stereo video mic) that was in the hotshoe mounted with the camera on tripod. For the work-out parts I used the internal mic.

I did look into some things, but not all the way. When you turn back the level of recording I did noticed some little less background noise.

I'm also around looking for external audiorecording, but my mixing skills are not there yet.
There are different brands to do that, like zoom and Olympus.
07-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Ron if you've the software it's quite easy to clean the noise, with 1 or 2 clicks.

Also forget the zoom and olympus if you want to use XLR recording, the Tascam DR-40 has a much cleaner audio for less.
07-04-2012, 06:13 AM   #22
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Ron if you've the software it's quite easy to clean the noise, with 1 or 2 clicks.

Also forget the zoom and olympus if you want to use XLR recording, the Tascam DR-40 has a much cleaner audio for less.
I was searching my head for this brand, got it stored somewhere with my favorites. Don't have the software yet, so my movieproject has some delay for me to catch up on knowledge.

07-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I'm working on getting some lamps myself, calculated i need around 5,000 lumen.... for the upcoming project a sc-fi short.

For software i think you already use premiere right? it has the tools build in i believe for cleaning the audio a bit but i use soundbooth for that or is it called audition now...
You can send me the audio file if you like and i can run it trough the program for you.
07-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #24
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I'm working on getting some lamps myself, calculated i need around 5,000 lumen.... for the upcoming project a sc-fi short.

For software i think you already use premiere right? You can send me the audio file if you like and i can run it trough the program for you.
That is a lot of light! All at the right time, I'm only starting the project when my knowledge is up to it.
07-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Not really, 5,000 lumen enables you to use f/8 at 1/30 iso100
And then with light modifiers and of course the distance from the light source to the subject you've a few stops of lost.
So i hope to end up with 2,000 to 3,000 so about 2 stops lower, so f/5.6 or f/4

It depends on the lamps but around 500 watt in total should cut it i hope.
07-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #26
Veteran Member

All right, I completely forgot to post the video I was supposed to do so here it is.
I apologize if it's difficult for you to understand me but I'm a native from France.

Just for your information, all 3 microphone I tested worked perfectly fine on my computer. I've tested them with different softwares and settings and everything was ok.

But on the K-01 you can hear the noise and it's even louder with the wireless microphone (impossible to do a decent interview).

Notice how I have the lowest noise using the internal microphone and using an external microphone is even worse.

sound noise problem with pentax k-01 - YouTube

What I do when shooting video and want ultimate control over sound, I use an external recorder and set the camera to silent recording and cut the sound later... Clap before takes so you can easily link up the sound to the recording... Oh ya, by the shirt and spotless sink, air force and tech school, or first year at your new base...