Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
Check Sony R1's zoom lens at 24mm (35 Eq). The lens sits just 1 - 2 mm away from sensor and at 24mm it is one of the best lenses.

And this camera is from year 2005, we have come long way since.
R1, which lens is that?

Lets just pick the 35mm macro.
pretty standard lens for APS-C and a macro means the DOF is flat and so the corner sharpness is almost always very decent now lets see...
Sony E 30mm f/3.5 macro (SEL-30M35) - Review / Test Report - Analysis

If a prime macro lens preform that bad i doubt any lens will do any better....

Samsung does it a lot better though.
http://www.photozone.de/samsungnx/696_samsungnx30f2?start=1

Samsung is 25.50 mm
Sony E is 18mm

04-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #17
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Ricoh solved the problem quite well with the M-mount module, maybe the same micro lens filter might do the trick.

But i think they should keep the "standard" lens focal length as the register distance.
So for APS-C 28~30mm looks like a nice compromise.

But that 1 cm of difference won't do you any good in making the camera more compact though, it just make the lenses potentially better.
Actually the Leica M mount is 27.80 mm.
I wonder if Leica and Ricoh/Pentax could work together?

Leica could make rangefinders to combat the Fuji and Pentax can make the cheaper K-01 like cameras or something like that to go against the Sony and other EVIL compacts.
Might be fun, certainly if they can shar lenses this way like 4/3th does and there are some nice M leica lenses on the market =]
04-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
Veteran Member
Laurentiu Cristofor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,044
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Ricoh solved the problem quite well with the M-mount module, maybe the same micro lens filter might do the trick.
And Leica even solved it for a full frame sensor


QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I wonder if Leica and Ricoh/Pentax could work together?
The Holy Keepers of the rangefinder and SLR designs. Refining the obsolete for the enjoyment of current and future retro loving generations!
04-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
Pentax already has one M lens, wouldn't mind if they also make the other FA limited into one =]

04-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #20
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kobe/japan
Posts: 510
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
R1, which lens is that?

Lets just pick the 35mm macro.
pretty standard lens for APS-C and a macro means the DOF is flat and so the corner sharpness is almost always very decent now lets see...
Sony E 30mm f/3.5 macro (SEL-30M35) - Review / Test Report - Analysis

If a prime macro lens preform that bad i doubt any lens will do any better....

Samsung does it a lot better though.
Samsung NX 30mm f/2 ( S30NB ) - Review / Lens Test - Analysis

Samsung is 25.50 mm
Sony E is 18mm

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Review: Digital Photography Review



QuoteOriginally posted by DPR_R1_Review:

I'll start as I shall no doubt finish this little piece of editorial, the lens is worth the price of the DSC-R1 alone. That fact is not to be underestimated, it's a great lens which provides you with a very useful 24 - 120 mm zoom range (which will be sufficient for the majority of users). Doing the math it's pretty clear that you have to spend a fairly considerable sum on lenses for a D-SLR to get close to this range and the quality of the DSC-R1's lens.

04-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #21
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
I don't see anything about corner sharpness in that review.
with the NEX the center is also great but it's the corners i am talking about.
04-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kobe/japan
Posts: 510
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I don't see anything about corner sharpness in that review.
with the NEX the center is also great but it's the corners i am talking about.
Thats because thats not a problem despite its being only 2mm away sensor. Its sharp across the frame.

Here is what luminous landscape guy says about it.


QuoteOriginally posted by luminous-landscape:
I have only anecdotal evidence at this point, but after several hundred frames I have only positive comments to make about this lens' optical performance. Since I no longer do structured resolution and aberration tests you'll have to wait until one of the digicam test sites does one. (Imaging Resource has a very comprehensive lens test on the R1). To my eyes this is an extremely high quality lens that's nicely matched to the camera's high resolution sensor, and able to turn out professionally acceptable results under a wide range of conditions.
Here is performance test that you wished to see.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Digital Camera Review: Optics & Lens Tests (!)



QuoteOriginally posted by imaging-resource:
when we look at the R1's optical test results, we see graphs so good that they're almost boring. Sharpness across the frame and across the aperture and focal length range is almost perfect, as shown by the exceptionally low and uniform blur numbers.

Last edited by zxaar; 04-27-2012 at 03:46 PM.
04-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #23
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,714
QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
Here is performance test that you wished to see.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Digital Camera Review: Optics & Lens Tests (!)
That R1 would still be a great camera when a new updated version was made with the new 16mp sensor and the electronics from the K-01. Modern EVF and a 3" swifelscreen.

04-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #24
Veteran Member
timh's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wales
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 445
QuoteOriginally posted by Joe Nation Quote
The solution is in two parts: firstly, take the MILC-specific lenses you're already making (e.g. XS40mm) and design them to focus properly on the shorter register distance. Lo and behold, a very compact, APS-C, K-mount MILC. And secondly, make (or use an existing) 10mm extension tube, so that all standard K-mount lenses will focus as normal.
This is what I hoped they'd do, before the K-01 was announced. Release 3-4 new ultra-compact MILC-specific lenses and standard K-mount for everything else (who cares about an extra 10-20mm on a big K lens anyway?)

Sadly it didn't happen that way.
04-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #25
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
Thats because thats not a problem despite its being only 2mm away sensor. Its sharp across the frame.
I want to see a graph for it or someone saying the corners are also sharp, your last link does that almost.

[IMG]and corner sharpness is also much better than average.[/IMG]

But what is the average?


ps. there is a graph a bit lower and it looks good.
I wonder why they can't do the same with the NEX then?
04-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #26
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
QuoteOriginally posted by timh Quote
This is what I hoped they'd do, before the K-01 was announced. Release 3-4 new ultra-compact MILC-specific lenses and standard K-mount for everything else (who cares about an extra 10-20mm on a big K lens anyway?)

Sadly it didn't happen that way.
They can probably remove 20mm from the register of the k-mount and still fit everything for APS-C DSLR (mirror) inside.

I suggested that here half year ago but almost everyone found it a problem that they need to use an adapter to use K-mount lenses and they didn't trust those adapters.
04-28-2012, 03:29 AM   #27
Veteran Member
timh's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wales
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 445
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I suggested that here half year ago but almost everyone found it a problem that they need to use an adapter to use K-mount lenses and they didn't trust those adapters.
If it was Pentax-branded, made mostly of metal and came with the camera (or at least as part of a kit) I think everyone would love it. Ah, what could have been.
04-28-2012, 03:37 AM   #28
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kobe/japan
Posts: 510
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I want to see a graph for it or someone saying the corners are also sharp, your last link does that almost.
It not almost, it is test of lens so it is 100% there.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Digital Camera Review: Optics & Lens Tests (!)


QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I want to see a graph for it or someone saying the corners are also sharp, your last link does that almost.
You should read again:


QuoteOriginally posted by imaging-resource:
when we look at the R1's optical test results, we see graphs so good that they're almost boring. Sharpness across the frame and across the aperture and focal length range is almost perfect, as shown by the exceptionally low and uniform blur numbers.
04-28-2012, 03:47 AM   #29
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kobe/japan
Posts: 510
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That R1 would still be a great camera when a new updated version was made with the new 16mp sensor and the electronics from the K-01. Modern EVF and a 3" swifelscreen.
I would buy the updated R1 even if it means selling my most of pentax gear. :-D

I am still using my R1. Needless to say DA 15mm does not control my mind, but R1 does.

At 24mm (I think it is at 24mm) shot handheld:
Place somewhere in Rajasthan , India


Last edited by zxaar; 04-28-2012 at 04:51 AM.
04-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #30
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
It not almost, it is test of lens so it is 100% there.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Digital Camera Review: Optics & Lens Tests (!)

You should read again:
too slow.... read the ps.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bulk, discussion, distance, extension, focus, k-01, k-mount, k01, lenses, mirrorless, pentax k-01, register, tube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question How big is to big for a review article bdparker Site Suggestions and Help 2 01-01-2012 05:46 AM
Eneloops, the best solution? cwebsterlusk Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 17 11-07-2011 08:51 AM
New solution for FA* 28-70mm hood arm_jstp Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 11-27-2010 04:53 PM
Camera storage - $25 solution Shibby3.8 Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 13 07-25-2010 03:47 AM
Big Problem with my Video Card..I think...Big Ca Ca benjikan General Talk 19 03-18-2007 11:45 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top