Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2012, 03:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Ron
For the K5 the number when the buffer is full seems to be at 0,8fps so once again where do you get the number of 1,2fps from?
And is that processor limit or SD card limit?

q vs k-01
12,4 mp vs 16mp
jpg - 5,9 fps vs 5,3 fps
RAW = 1,2 fps vs 1 fps
video both 1080p@30fps in h.264

Performance match up pretty well don't you agree?

About the 6fps i mention, look up the Fujitsu Milbeaut M-5 it's in the specs sheet form the manufacture so i ain't lying and yes i can read

Ah but Ron different part of the sensor do different things, file handling is for example not done by the image processor and JPEG conversion is different part as well and probably the filters are done by that as well.
And don't forget the faster SD card bus.
Use a slower card and see if there is still a difference then

As you can see the M4 (prime II) has 5 blocks doing all their own thing.

Last edited by Anvh; 04-29-2012 at 04:21 AM.
04-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #17
Banned

Photos: Gallery
So I did some measurement (the last one on this topic) and the K-5 pumps out after the buffer is full a max of 1,33 fps in RAW (pitch dark pixels with DNG files of just under 10 MB) when filewriting to the card isn't the issue (since the red light isn't on continous). So this is where the PRIME II is topping out, meaning that even when the PRIME M is the same processor, it could go faster then the 1 fps that the K-01 is at the time.

The 1 fps is a choice made by Pentax.

FIN!
04-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So I did some measurement (the last one on this topic) and the K-5 pumps out after the buffer is full a max of 1,33 fps in RAW (pitch dark pixels with DNG files of just under 10 MB) when filewriting to the card isn't the issue (since the red light isn't on continous). So this is where the PRIME II is topping out, meaning that even when the PRIME M is the same processor, it could go faster then the 1 fps that the K-01 is at the time.

FIN!
You're saying something else now.
first 1,2fps and now 1,33 fps.
yes the K-01 could probably go faster then the 1fps but that does not make it faster then the Prime II what you were saying, we can't say anything for certain.
The biggest problem is that we have no idea what kind of processor they are using but it isn't a Fujitsu Milbeaut M-5 at least which hopefully will be in the Prime III.
And it can't be the M-4 because it doesn't support h.264

And it doesn't matter that it can go faster because the K-01 doesn't go faster, so what use is it?
04-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #19
Banned

Photos: Gallery
To messure difference between PRIME II and PRIME M

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote

FIN!
Just thought of a way to messure (with some margin) a difference between PRIME II in K-5 and PRIME M in K-01.

Did this test again in K-5, but now with lenscorrection and aberationcorrection put on. So still small files with black pixels and the thing slowing down is the lenscorrections that the camera makes. I know it doesn't do anything with the corrections in RAW, but still there is no difference in processing with these settings to RAW or to JPG. The buffer fills up very quickly, with only 19 pictures and after the buffer is full the framerate goes down to 0,33fps.

So if someone could do this with a K-01 then you can see a difference in processor performance when the K-01 keeps a hi framerate. Maybe even keeping the choosen 1fps for RAW.