Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pretty pumped, ordered my K-01...

I ordered the white one with the 40mm lens, I'll most likely sell it as I have no use for a 60mm lens especially a slow one, to partially fund a 15 limited, but will hold on to it till I pick up the 31 limited (this wont happen till maybe mid summer, so expensive, imma be eating top ramen for weeks for this lens) for auto focus needs. I dont have any pentax lenses besides Manual focus lenses for my mx, but they'll hold me over as the new lenses cant compare with them in speed and FOV (besides the ultra mega 31 with its so nice 47mm FOV). Imma def pick up the voigtlander lanthar, and I'll be pretty much just using those two focal lengths 47mm and 135mm matched with the pentax O-VF1 and a Leica 135 OVF and every now and than bust out the wide angle for landscapes and the likes... These APS-C lenses are weird though, now I see the complaint about full frame and Crop, has nothing to do with image quality, the FOV is all whacked out to weird focal lengths, my lovely fast 50s are 76s??? My wide angles are standards??? No wonder why high ISO is important your fast lenses are telephoto and cant be shot indoors in a house or small room where you run into most of your light problems, or I do atleast... But I'm sure i'll adapt, hell I went from 35mm to shooting strictly the Q since it came out....

04-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
O, good that you mention it, but the O-VF1 doesn't match good. I tried that when I had a walk-a-round with K-01 (my own copy is still not in) but the view of the O-VF1 is to hi to work good. The image does compare, but they dón't match together.
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
O, good that you mention it, but the O-VF1 doesn't match good. I tried that when I had a walk-a-round with K-01 (my own copy is still not in) but the view of the O-VF1 is to hi to work good. The image does compare, but they dón't match together.
Do you mean with the 40mm xs or the 31... The image will be high with the 40 because it has 60mm FOV on the k-01, with the 31 it should match perfectly with a standard hot shoe right?

EDIT: I see in your sig you own the 31, so yep looks like I'll be live viewing it than lol...
04-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yep, I was talking about the O-VF1 with FA31mm. Not the match I hoped for.