Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #1

Best price for K-01 in Sydney

On Monday I went in to digidirect.com.au in King St Sydney, planning on buying a K-01 Body with Sigma 17-50. A search had shown them to have the best price, although ryda did match them, but had no lenses.

They didn't have the Body-only in stock in black, so they offered me the kit with 40mm for $728, normally $754. That's only $57 more than their Body-only price - so I've ended up with the 40mm kit. This is $51 cheaper than the digitalcamerawarehouse kit !

Then came the second pleasant surprise - they actually had the Sigma 17-50 EX DC OS HSM K-mount in stock !

Then the third surprise - they were still selling it at the old price of $659 ! This is the price digitalcamerawarehouse charge for the Canon, Nikon and Sigma versions - but the Pentax mount costs $731 ! I assume this is because dcw still have stock at the old price for Canon, Nikon and Sigma.

The great thing about digidirect is is that you can actually try out the lens and camera in store - digitalcamerawarehouse's policy of not starting up the camera in store has to be unique among camera stores.

So far I'm very happy - it even autofocusses at 250mm in good light using the Pentax(Tamron) 18-250.

I'm busy preparing to work on the Wild Endurance 100 Marathon so I won't be posting any photos until Monday - but this weekend will be a great opportunity to try out the low-light capabilities - the event continues from Saturday morning until Sunday.

05-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the tip. I genuinely hope that the K-01 pries will drop in Australia.

Last edited by hcc; 05-01-2012 at 05:32 PM.
05-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Hi, I went in to Ryda this Monday and bought the black body only kit for $669.85.
Using it with my Tamron 18~250 which I bought withe the K20D in 2008.
Slow to focus, but does get there. Posting some examples elsewhere today. Be interested in your opinion
of the 40mm f2.8. Ryda had it in stock, but only with the Yellow body. The kit lens is not the same as the
proper "pancake" lens which lists for approx $485.

Happy Shooting.