Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2012, 04:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love Yellow

Just picked up my K-01, in yellow and with the 40mm. Just took a couple of shots in the lounge room. I think I'm in love. I hope the K5 doesn't get jealous. I know what my new P&S is called, K-01.
Can't wait to see the reaction of people to this toy looking camera.

Now I have to change my signature block. Bye Bye K20D you served me well.

05-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, my K20D will stay--because i don't have a K-5. But I do like my Bumblebee a LOT, and it has been monopolizing my time for the last month or so!
05-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Banned

I'm still waiting for my yellow brick.
05-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Agree, yellow is the best of the colours the K-01 comes in. When I get one it will be yellow.

05-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #5

I think it looks terrific in yellow. Just held one for the first time yesterday.
05-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Do you think we can convince Mark Newson to make a version in Green and Gold!
05-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Do you think we can convince Mark Newson to make a version in Green and Gold!
That would be awesome. Mind we may not be quite a big enough market down under.

The only thing is I haven't had a chance to really get out and give the camera a bit of work. I will try tomorrow or Saturday.

Sunday My wife, Daughter and me are going in the Mothers Day run so the K-01 is the P & S for the day, that might be a time to get some shots as we are going to Southbank in Brisbane.

05-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #8
Banned

Photos: Albums
I'm not sure if such companies still exist, but... A while back there were companies that would place a type of skin permenantly onto a camera body - either to make a better grip, or for cosmetic purposes. I've even seen quite impressive ones such as camera bodies (that are not normally offered that way) basically wrapped in leather or something similiar.

I'd do it.
05-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I'm not sure if such companies still exist, but... A while back there were companies that would place a type of skin permenantly onto a camera body - either to make a better grip, or for cosmetic purposes. I've even seen quite impressive ones such as camera bodies (that are not normally offered that way) basically wrapped in leather or something similiar.

I'd do it.
something covering my beautiful yellow brick?
05-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote

I'd do it.
aki-asahi.com, I've embraced this ugly yellow thing, but I'm hoping that aki-asahi makes a leather skin for the K-01, just do not know how'd they handle the rubber flaps... It's getting hot out here in cali and when your hands start sweating the rubber grip gets real slippery, gotta tape mine up with some bat grip tape...
05-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #11

Bumble Bee bday gift rejected... :(

I have a Yellow K-01 and decided to pick up one for my father's day... but the Yellow didn't work and the lack of a viewfinder (dads very old skool) caused the "hmmm.... " reaction... So unfortunately its on the selling block. But of the 3 selections I do enjoy my Yellow K-01

Last edited by EbisuHapa; 04-26-2014 at 05:52 PM.