Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I've struggled for years with +2 correction lens adapters, shooting left-eye, putting on and taking off glasses and just about selling everything and giving up.
I don't know how bad your eyes are however, a few years ago I followed a lead posted here on the forums(I think) about an eyepiece for my K20 which allowed for corrective lenses:

And so I bought one and brought it in to my eye doctor to get a lens made for it. Which we did and I never looked back since. However, the nice thing about it is, that I still get to wear my glasses(which a neck strap on them) which I drop prior to looking into my eyecup. Anyway, the entire system has worked wonderfully for me and I haven't looked back since.

Having said that, there are many times when I prefer using the LCD over the OVF in certain conditions(landscape or portrait) and that's where I break-out the hood(my own term btw). Which is nothing more than a black velvet/nylon cloth that came with a very large light tent. But it works very well and allows me to get around all of the limitations that come with being an eyeglass wearer and LCD performance in direct sunlight.

PS. I also read that some of the LCD viewfinders can accomodate custom eyepieces also but I don't remember which models they were.

Hope this helps.

05-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I don't know how bad your eyes are however
@JohnBee - than ks for the suggestion. I have several M and K SMC Corrections lens adapters in my diopter. I never became accustomed to dropping my eyeglasses and putting them back on. It worked but was frustrating. Of course I use the adapters with my film cameras and my K10D - better than the alternative..
05-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #18
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Yep. It hit me at about 46. It SUCKS!!!!! :cry:
I'm getting 46 in 3 weeks
05-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I turned 46 this year and am putting off getting reading glasses. Anyway, I just read a review on the K01, and while previously I had no interest in the camera whatsoever, I'm now looking at it as a possible 2nd camera. I reckon, slap an optical viewfinder on it, keep the controls the same as they are now (simple), and I'd buy one tomorrow. What an awesome little travel camera it would be.

Regards

05-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #20

very interesting
and closely related vto my choice of the k-01
being in my mid-60s, i need 'reading glasses' for closer work -- computer screen, newspaper, lcd on dslr, for example
with my dslr, i have no trouble using the VF, esp. with autofocus to help -- BUT i can not read the lcd screen, menus, etc, unless i put on my glasses -- then take them off again to use the VF
so, i decided to leave the VF behind, and go to 'full-time' lcd screen, for those 'close' family pics, and the like (dslr still used for landscapes etc -- they dont move much in between shots)
hence, my k-01
unfortunately, i seem to have gotten a 'dud'
but i am sure that regor and i are not the only 2 users who wear glasses (of different types, with different needs in VF's and LCD's)
very little support from manufacturers, as far as i can tell
05-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #21

here here