Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2012, 07:37 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The coolest Pentax promotion in a very long time! What neat K-01s (imgs)

Dealer just got these in today. a yellow and a white K-01 mock up. They look so much like the real thing you can't tell unless very close or by picking them up. The XS40 lenses are interchangeable ( don't form an image - drats). The lenses will fit real K mount cameras and real K mount lenses fit the mockup bodies. Notice the missing electrical contacts on the metal mount lenses and bodies. So freaking cool. I want them.:ugh: Pentax has invented a whole new type of LBA!

These should get Pentax some well deserved attention for the K-01. Anyone else seen these?
thanks
barondla ( going back to play)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
05-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lol, this is pretty cool (though you'd think demo bodies would work as well). There's no doubt that the K-01 is bringing in sales for Pentax, which is good - it means we'll see more exciting products over the coming years!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-07-2012, 01:17 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Can I just buy a mockup yellow one? I hate taking pictures when I'm on holiday, but I love to walk around with that yellow bird
05-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I think this belongs in the "I really like the K-01, but can't use it" thread.

05-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Ha, this is pretty funny. They probably had to do it because the camera looks so much better irl than in photos
Its much lighter than the actual camera, right? It would make a fun paperweight
05-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #6

I would really need one of these. Anyone knows where it is possible to get one? Do I have to open a Pentax dealership?
05-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by attilaworx Quote
I would really need one of these. Anyone knows where it is possible to get one? Do I have to open a Pentax dealership?
You can also just buy a K-01 and just take all electronics out
05-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

What is a "Pentax promotion?"
Never heard of such a thing.

05-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

pretty cool idea, perfect for demos at warehouse stores or target where they never work in any case
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
You can also just buy a K-01 and just take all electronics out
hehe I have a K-01 (but I need the electronics in it ). I need a paperweight which I can get wet without damaging it
05-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Dealer just got these in today. a yellow and a white K-01 mock up. They look so much like the real thing you can't tell unless very close or by picking them up. The XS40 lenses are interchangeable ( don't form an image - drats). The lenses will fit real K mount cameras and real K mount lenses fit the mockup bodies. Notice the missing electrical contacts on the metal mount lenses and bodies. So freaking cool. I want them. Pentax has invented a whole new type of LBA!
Do the switches and buttons move too? Handy toy there lol. I could play pranks with 'em hahah. Does Canikon have these as well? Or are they Pentax-only mockups?
I'm also doomed to believe that these things aren't distributed worldwide.. (though I remember seeing such a mockup K-r in one of the local stores, a pink one. Lens not detachable though)
05-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks great. I'm seriously thinking of making it the compact replacement for my K-x. Still waiting for it to appear in Australia...
05-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Alizarine, the mode dial and rear wheel move, the lens release button works, battery door opens and buttons push. Think its a real k-01 shell. The flash doesn't pop up. It even has a real metal tripod socket. Hear that different camera mock ups are on the way. Will report when I see them.

Ash surprised K-01 has not shown up in your country yet. It is a cool camera and looks even better in person. Not much smaller than a Kx ( except for the 40mm lens). The 40 is so thin most people think it is lensless body with body cap!
thanks
barondla
05-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Looks great. I'm seriously thinking of making it the compact replacement for my K-x. Still waiting for it to appear in Australia...
Check out digitalcamerawarehouse and digidirect. I got mine from DCW. They have stock in Oz