Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Ugh... Pentax...

Got my K-01 in today, straight from pentax, ordered the white one they sent me the yellow and damn is this thing ugly, not the camera it's self, but who would paint a block yellow and black??? I called up pentax they told me tuff luck pretty much, waited over a month to get it and get the wrong one, cant go into any stores to exchange it because they are no where to be found...

Last edited by Parallax; 05-08-2012 at 07:49 AM.
05-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Send it back to them. Adorama or b&h should have stock.
05-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I suspect you won't have trouble getting rid of it. For some people, yellow is the bee's knees. I prefer the white.
05-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, that's unprofessional. Send it back and get it elsewhere.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Wow, that's unprofessional. Send it back and get it elsewhere.
But I waited a month for it... Like... A whole month, then I have to send it back, and then wait again... No more waiting for my K-01, I'm pretending I like the yellow one even though I've liked pentax white and black cameras since the K-X...

EDIT: oh ya imma vet, ex air force, so I ordered through the military exchange, they ordered the white one through pentax, they said they can send it back but I will be waiting extra long to ship it back and then get it shipped again, I figure I got a tax free yellow one. Not so bad when you convince yourself black and yellow is cool (which it's not, but being different is cool right?)...

Last edited by wanderography; 05-07-2012 at 01:36 PM.
05-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well I got the Black one (with silver accents) because I was afraid to stand out. Now I find the Yellow is the one everyone wants. Damn, Just Damn.

But I decided to ignore the color altogether and just take pictures. They're amazing. I feel your pain - but mine doesn't hurt so much any more.
05-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
But I waited a month for it... Like... A whole month, then I have to send it back, and then wait again... No more waiting for my K-01, I'm pretending I like the yellow one even though I've liked pentax white and black cameras since the K-X...

EDIT: oh ya imma vet, ex air force, so I ordered through the military exchange, they ordered the white one through pentax, they said they can send it back but I will be waiting extra long to ship it back and then get it shipped again, I figure I got a tax free yellow one. Not so bad when you convince yourself black and yellow is cool (which it's not, but being different is cool right?)...
Real men dig yellow. I like the yellow and black, I only wish it was yellow and black and not yellow and black and silver.

05-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well I got the Black one (with silver accents) because I was afraid to stand out. Now I find the Yellow is the one everyone wants. Damn, Just Damn.

But I decided to ignore the color altogether and just take pictures. They're amazing. I feel your pain - but mine doesn't hurt so much any more.
See the thing is, is yellow stands out like a sore thumb, yellow by psychological standards is an anxious color, you do not want people feeling anxious when you point a camera at them, I love the design, I love everything about it, but if marc newson really knew his stuff he would know colors and the effects it has on people and how color can mean a lot especially on something that was meant to be pointed at people, if I had the black one I'd be completely happy even though I ordered the white one...
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
See the thing is, is yellow stands out like a sore thumb, yellow by psychological standards is an anxious color, you do not want people feeling anxious when you point a camera at them, I love the design, I love everything about it, but if marc newson really knew his stuff he would know colors and the effects it has on people and how color can mean a lot especially on something that was meant to be pointed at people, if I had the black one I'd be completely happy even though I ordered the white one...
Yep - I'll bet you could order the Black one at the PX price and sell the Yellow one here (used) for the same money, including shipping and PayPal.

As for Newson - I think the yellow was designed for people who want to be noticed using it. And are we sure Pentax goofed the order and not the PX?
05-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yep - I'll bet you could order the Black one at the PX price and sell the Yellow one here (used) for the same money, including shipping and PayPal.

As for Newson - I think the yellow was designed for people who want to be noticed using it. And are we sure Pentax goofed the order and not the PX?
I think you mean BX, but no, pentax goofed the order, my order slip says white but they sent the yellow, I called the BX they said call pentax since it was ordered directly from them since it would be faster than sending it the BX to send it to pentax. Pentax said just because it was shipped from them doesnt mean I ordered it from them, I didnt, the middle man at the BX who got it tax free did like they do with everything for military and ex military... SO I would have to send it to colorado to send it back to the main warehouse where they shipped from in PH... I'd be waiting like 2 months to get it again...
05-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a messed up system.
05-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What a messed up system.
Ya seriously, I'm sure after like 20 phone calls I can get this sent back for a new one but I'm not even gonna bother, hopefully I'll find someone someday who'd like to trade, this thing is ugly, I'm trying to like it but yellow is just the worst color ... It's like you know when a camera inspires you to use it, this yellow literally makes me want to smash it lol, I hate yellow...
05-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
Banned

Base Exchange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The difference between PX, BX, and others.
05-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bmonki, can't you keep the yellow and order new "rubbers" in a different color from Pentax or some other source- like you did for the SX-70? Maybe you would still know its yellow underneath, like the red cars in the movie Used Cars. Good luck.
thanks
barondla ( can't make up my mind between yellow and white).

Last edited by barondla; 05-07-2012 at 08:49 PM.
05-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
bmonki, can't you keep the yellow and order new "rubbers" in a different color from Pentax or some other source- like you did for the SX-70? Maybe you would still know its yellow underneath, like the red cars in the movie Used Cars. Good luck.
thanks
barondla ( can't make up my mind between yellow and white).
I was actually looking close at the rubbers, I'm pretty sure they pop out but I aint gonna try, which means someone will release leather skins for it. But after playing with the camera all day I'm loving it, the focus peaking is awesome and the manual focus on the 40 is super smooth. I was afraid the screen was gonna be like the Q and get super washed out in the sun but thats not the case at all, I'll get used to the yellow, overall camera is awesome...