Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

anyone else having trouble uploading images?

My k-01 refuses to upload images, When I connect it to my mac it shows up I start to upload and right before 30mb it stops, never makes it past there. And since I got a busted sd card slot in my mac I gotta upload using my Q or by an external or take my laptop in to get fixed all of which I'm to lazy to do. I really would like to just plug it in and it upload the images.

EDIT: weird... I cant upload it through iphoto, lightroom, I cant dump the files from the camera to my hard drive, I installed silkypix and it uploads fine???

Last edited by wanderography; 05-09-2012 at 12:04 PM.
05-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
There is another solution you could try - get a USB 'SD card reader' - a device which plugs into a USBlot but enables you to insert an SD card for file transfer. These usually cost just a few dollars, and ashould be available at any electornics or office supply shop that has computer stuff.

I note that you talk later of trying to upload through image processing software. Although it is tedious, I like to take things in single steps:
1. read the pictures to the HD, using a file transfer tool, such as the equivalent of 'windows explorer' - forgot the Apple name.
2. Then do my PP.
This way I know I have the images on the HD and I am avoiding extra complexities for the technology to cope with.

I noticed a problem with my K100DS reading direct from the camera - that process seemed to be extremely battery intensive, resulting in battery indicator showing half empty at the end of a reasonable (1 - 1.5 GB) transfer. After I realised this I moved to the take the card out method. The battery issue seemed to be a short term drain effect because the indicator 'improved' after the camera was switched off for a while.