Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gear Patrol design spotlight on the K-01

Design Spotlight: A Brief History Behind the Pentax K-01 | Gear Patrol

Saw Pentax facebook linking this:

It's a nice article - it emphasizes that the K-01 can utilize the full range of k-mount (and puts that sexy sexy DA*55 F1.4 on it), as well as talks about the history of Pentax, and some information on Marc Newson. What I got from the article, however, was how the K-01 is in some way similar to the older style SLRs.

I was walking around with my Super ME yesterday and it definitely felt very different without the SLR grip that I'm used to. It's a bit boxy, need both hands to operate or hold for an extended period of time, smaller but not amazingly small. I do wish that the K-01 (and now, I wish that the K-02 will) had a viewfinder, but so many people are using it fine without the viewfinder anyways.

05-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I do wish that the K-01 (and now, I wish that the K-02 will) had a viewfinder, but so many people are using it fine without the viewfinder anyways.
Learn to shoot without it... Viewfinders is old tech, now they are using EVF... I dont even want to know what kinda damage that can cause to an eye, ever remember the age old saying dont sit so close to the TV... Plus you give up the viewfinder you get better creative shots unless you can do headstands with a camera glued to your eye, not having a viewfinder wasnt stupid, not having a swivel screen was stupid.
05-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Banned

so many inaccuracies in that short write up.
05-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
so many inaccuracies in that short write up.
Ya maybe for you. But the way I hold my camera's using a live view you can never get the angles while using an EVF... I'll never give up my MX viewfinder, but Digital viewfinders suck I'm not giving up my perfect vision to look down a pinhole tunnel. I shoot manual focus only which makes the EVF completely useless to me, it's like if basketball still shot free throws underhanded, ya it got the job done but you gotta change up the form to evolve... Because if you dont evolve no ones gonna want to look at that shit anymore. But than again I shoot extremely different 90% of photographers as I shoot for the people looking on into are little world and not for the people in this little world which means you gotta think outta the box...

05-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
... I dont even want to know what kinda damage that can cause to an eye, ever remember the age old saying dont sit so close to the TV... .
TV sets used 20,000 volts to accelerate electrons toward the screen - LCD display use 5 volts. Chalk and cheese.

Mike
05-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

EVFs don't have to be a 'pinhole tunnel'. The EVF on my 8yr old Olympus C750 was pixelly to hell due to the available LCD rez of the time, but the view was as large as my old 70's Pentax Km, i.e. BIG.