Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
K-01 WEIRD noise

I heard some weird noise from my k01 even though I didn't take picture.
It sounds like zizi or chichi
Please let me know what 's wrong with it. Thank u

05-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by w003txz Quote
This is most likely the dust removal system, It should happen when you turn your camera on if half press the shutter release when it has gone into stand-by mode.

Edit: This IS NORMAL so don't worry about it.
05-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

IBIS set to full time - I'd bet

It likely is normal. I get that at times too. It is especially apparent when you have a long lens on the camera, so my guess is that it is active image stabilization (which has to move around most when you have a longer lens on).

In menu, try turning off full-time stabilization (so it is only active when the shutter is pressed). The sound should disappear. Leaving it on full time gives you better live view (especially when magnified), but reduces battery life.
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Banned

Photos: Albums
Once one does turn on the Pentax K-01 or takes a photograph and then lets the camera remain on; then even minues after the pics was taken, the camera does in fact change the aperature. Not sure as to how long this occurs though.

05-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you have selected dust removal at start-up and shut-down (as I have), it will also do it when it powers down automatically after a period of inactivity.
Is that it?
05-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Once one does turn on the Pentax K-01 or takes a photograph and then lets the camera remain on; then even minues after the pics was taken, the camera does in fact change the aperature. Not sure as to how long this occurs though.
Yes, I believe this is what you're hearing. The aperture is continually adjusting for the live view.
05-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I once inadvertently re-oriented the camera from Landscape to Portrait while holding the shutter half-press. Nearly gave the IS a heart attack trying to stabilize the 90-degree-rotated image. The process/sound stopped as soon as I released the shutter.

05-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Aperture adjusting - yes

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
That's the ticket. All you have to do is turn the camera toward you with a window in the background while using a prime lens and watch the lens stop down. I guess if you really hated that sound your best solution would be to shoot in aperture priority!

It should stop once the camera enters standby mode (I prefer to set that at one minute to save on the battery).

JNR
05-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by w003txz Quote
It's just the good Lord saying "Go forth, and shoot....".