Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #16
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Well, good for you but there is nothing to be glad about. All of the third party lens manufacturers are offering less and less lenses in the K mount. When a replacement model or a new lens is introduced, more often than not, K mount isn't among those listed. I believe the lens you've bought was a close out price, has Sigma announced a replacement model in the K mount?
Well you're wrong about Sigma - they're offering plenty of K-Mount lenses.

Their current version is the 70-200 f2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM - but at $1409, I'm very glad I don't need OS - and that the non-OS version was still for sale.

06-19-2012, 01:30 PM - 3 Likes   #17
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio (formerly SF Bay Area)
Posts: 1,491
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeAusP Quote
Their current version is the 70-200 f2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM - but at $1409, I'm very glad I don't need OS - and that the non-OS version was still for sale.
Did you know that you can rearrange the letters in APO EX DG OS HSM to read DOGMA SEX SHOP? Or SAX MOPED HOGS? Or 2955 other combinations.

Your $599 option isn't buying you a single pronounceable anagram.
06-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 168
I am so bummed that indoor AF is slow, as I currently have a K-r, which is abysmal at this. I am obviously the only Pentax shooters that shoots these type of shots, because every time it's mentioned, the writer says it's of little importance to them. I really wish Pentax would make this a priority instead of caring little about it either. Maybe I am not cut out for Pentax, as much as I love their primes and want to love their cameras?
06-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,880
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Did you know that you can rearrange the letters in APO EX DG OS HSM to read DOGMA SEX SHOP? Or SAX MOPED HOGS? Or 2955 other combinations.
That's pretty darn awesome.

06-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
Banned




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charleston & Pittsburgh
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,683
QuoteOriginally posted by chiane Quote
I am so bummed that indoor AF is slow, as I currently have a K-r

I've been to a number of sporting events recently; baseball and others and also airshows. Only lost one possible pic due to any autofocus issue - that it could not keep up with a plane pointing almost directly at me at about 500++mph.

But also as I've stated before... The focusing with the Pentax K-01 works fine with most any lens, but in fact works better and faster mostly with the Pentax labeled lens - and also ones with better than a beginning (or starting) aperature of f4.5 to f5.0 . Go below those starting numbers and one will start to run into some issues.

But even the focus peaking works perfectly in quite direct sunlight and even for action pics. Just wishing that some of the Pentax lens would also offer some type of manual focus lock; such as lock at from 30ft to infinity. Case in point... Using a pancake lens at an airshow in manual focus mode and then being able to lock in the focus to cover everything within a certain distance
06-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #21
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 168
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I've been to a number of sporting events recently; baseball and others and also airshows. Only lost one possible pic due to any autofocus issue - that it could not keep up with a plane pointing almost directly at me at about 500++mph.

But also as I've stated before... The focusing with the Pentax K-01 works fine with most any lens, but in fact works better and faster mostly with the Pentax labeled lens - and also ones with better than a beginning (or starting) aperature of f4.5 to f5.0 . Go below those starting numbers and one will start to run into some issues.

But even the focus peaking works perfectly in quite direct sunlight and even for action pics. Just wishing that some of the Pentax lens would also offer some type of manual focus lock; such as lock at from 30ft to infinity. Case in point... Using a pancake lens at an airshow in manual focus mode and then being able to lock in the focus to cover everything within a certain distance
I think you missed the point, was either the air show or the sporting event indoors and lite with tungsten light bulbs?
06-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
Senior Member
CRPhoto's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, Costa Rica
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 254
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Nikon has more weather sealed bodies and lenses than Pentax
Do you have a list? I really thought there were no Nikon sealed lenses (and really sealed, not just one o-ring on the mount). thanks
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, aperture, body, camera, focus, k-01, k01, lens, lenses, mirrorless, nikon, pentax k-01
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have Pentax again, am glad. The_Road Welcomes and Introductions 3 02-05-2012 08:32 AM
Nikon Q system using 1/2.3" sensor too = Pentax Q system? ogl Pentax News and Rumors 31 07-14-2011 07:47 PM
Nature Glad my Pentax is weatherproof! MoiVous Post Your Photos! 3 10-05-2009 09:32 PM
I am glad I decided to get a Pentax levelred Pentax DSLR Discussion 21 10-10-2008 11:36 PM
Glad to be back with Pentax rechmbrs Welcomes and Introductions 7 01-03-2007 07:34 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top