Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Well, good for you but there is nothing to be glad about. All of the third party lens manufacturers are offering less and less lenses in the K mount. When a replacement model or a new lens is introduced, more often than not, K mount isn't among those listed. I believe the lens you've bought was a close out price, has Sigma announced a replacement model in the K mount?
Well you're wrong about Sigma - they're offering plenty of K-Mount lenses.

Their current version is the 70-200 f2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM - but at $1409, I'm very glad I don't need OS - and that the non-OS version was still for sale.

06-19-2012, 01:30 PM - 3 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeAusP Quote
Their current version is the 70-200 f2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM - but at $1409, I'm very glad I don't need OS - and that the non-OS version was still for sale.
Did you know that you can rearrange the letters in APO EX DG OS HSM to read DOGMA SEX SHOP? Or SAX MOPED HOGS? Or 2955 other combinations.

Your $599 option isn't buying you a single pronounceable anagram.
06-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
I am so bummed that indoor AF is slow, as I currently have a K-r, which is abysmal at this. I am obviously the only Pentax shooters that shoots these type of shots, because every time it's mentioned, the writer says it's of little importance to them. I really wish Pentax would make this a priority instead of caring little about it either. Maybe I am not cut out for Pentax, as much as I love their primes and want to love their cameras?
06-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Did you know that you can rearrange the letters in APO EX DG OS HSM to read DOGMA SEX SHOP? Or SAX MOPED HOGS? Or 2955 other combinations.
That's pretty darn awesome.

06-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chiane Quote
I am so bummed that indoor AF is slow, as I currently have a K-r

I've been to a number of sporting events recently; baseball and others and also airshows. Only lost one possible pic due to any autofocus issue - that it could not keep up with a plane pointing almost directly at me at about 500++mph.

But also as I've stated before... The focusing with the Pentax K-01 works fine with most any lens, but in fact works better and faster mostly with the Pentax labeled lens - and also ones with better than a beginning (or starting) aperature of f4.5 to f5.0 . Go below those starting numbers and one will start to run into some issues.

But even the focus peaking works perfectly in quite direct sunlight and even for action pics. Just wishing that some of the Pentax lens would also offer some type of manual focus lock; such as lock at from 30ft to infinity. Case in point... Using a pancake lens at an airshow in manual focus mode and then being able to lock in the focus to cover everything within a certain distance
06-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #21

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I've been to a number of sporting events recently; baseball and others and also airshows. Only lost one possible pic due to any autofocus issue - that it could not keep up with a plane pointing almost directly at me at about 500++mph.

But also as I've stated before... The focusing with the Pentax K-01 works fine with most any lens, but in fact works better and faster mostly with the Pentax labeled lens - and also ones with better than a beginning (or starting) aperature of f4.5 to f5.0 . Go below those starting numbers and one will start to run into some issues.

But even the focus peaking works perfectly in quite direct sunlight and even for action pics. Just wishing that some of the Pentax lens would also offer some type of manual focus lock; such as lock at from 30ft to infinity. Case in point... Using a pancake lens at an airshow in manual focus mode and then being able to lock in the focus to cover everything within a certain distance
I think you missed the point, was either the air show or the sporting event indoors and lite with tungsten light bulbs?
06-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #22

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Nikon has more weather sealed bodies and lenses than Pentax
Do you have a list? I really thought there were no Nikon sealed lenses (and really sealed, not just one o-ring on the mount). thanks