Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unusual Pentax K-01 Delivers on Performance - Digital Camera Info

I haven't seen this linked elsewhere on the Forum. This is cross-posted from the Pentax Facebook page.

As published in USAToday The writer considers the body bulky and difficult to handle - I've never felt that was true, but I hold mine like an SLR, not like a compact.

Full Review Link at Digital Camera Info

"We can hardly blame Pentax for refusing to fire conventional weapons in the war of mirrorless cameras—especially as hordes of small interchangeable lens cameras with big sensors hit the market from Nikon, Sony, and Samsung."

"In our full lab testing, we found the camera's greatest strength is capturing very fine details. Thanks to an excellent APS-C image sensor, plus the very high quality kit lens, the K-01 achieved the second-best sharpness scores we've ever recorded. Speaking of the kit lens, it's a marvel of engineering: a 40mm pancake, no wider in entirety than your thumb, and equipped with a smooth mechanical manual focus ring. Remarkably, you'll find a Pentax "K" lens mount on the camera, meaning the K-01 is compatible with just about every lens Pentax has ever produced."

Last edited by monochrome; 06-17-2012 at 08:07 AM.
06-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
wow they have a real full test on there.
06-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
Lens Buying Addict

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
wow they have a real full test on there.
Yep. And it is pretty favorable. Maybe the K-01 will get a second wind. I think I'm going to enjoy in some perverse way that I got one the first day.
06-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
TZH

The 40 XS looks like pretty good performance. Thanks.