Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-01 in Spider Man's Hands

I was watching the late late show tonight, and a commercial for universal studios resorts came on. I'm fairly certain spider man drops down a screen upside down and takes a picture with a white K-01. Unfortunately the only video I could find is a homemade video of their tv.

here's a screen cap. Granted that it's just an animation, it looks to me like a K-01, with an old manual flash on it, hah.
Name:  spiderman-K-01.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  28.4 KB

06-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That there is a film camera. The K-01 doesn't have the grip on both sides of the mount.
06-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

nice try but I'm afraid not.
I do admire your enthusiasm
06-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yeah, I am sure ol' Spidey would have the LCD screen glued to his eye. What's this, desperation times for the K-01?

06-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
That there is a film camera. The K-01 doesn't have the grip on both sides of the mount.
I thought about that, but if you actually watch the moment it zips through in the video, it looks like the overall image is just distorted from trying to make a few photos into 3D, look at the angle of the lens pushing out. The white k-01 does have black on both sides of the camera - the white is only at the top and surrounding the mount. Also, what film era camera is white with black side grips?

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
I do admire your enthusiasm
Not enthusiasm, no real interest in the K-01 - not a camera I'll ever be owning.

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
I am sure ol' Spidey would have the LCD screen glued to his eye
This in general applies to my original post as much as it does your comment I guess, but it IS an animation - i doubt they thought too much about whether spidy is looking through a view finder that isn't there when they're just making a shoddily put together 3d film for kids.

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
desperation times for the K-01?
Eh, not from my standpoint. Again, not a camera I have any interest in owning, not what I'm looking for. In that instant as it flashes by in the film, it looked an awful lot like a k-01 inspired camera to me. Particularly because white/black, and it's shaped like a brick. Not sure what other cameras (particularly film) were white, black, and brick. Perhaps I should have added that to the original title or post, "k-01 inspired".

Anyway, it's all really a moot point. Enjoy your day, fellows.
06-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Well he has used a Canon F1 in an earlier movie.
in this one it looks like it is an RF of some type (I don't recognize the back maybe someone else does)

peter parker camera | richfallatjr.com