Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wrist strap

I usually carry my camera on a long neck strap worn bandolier style but I didn’t get on with using the K-01 this way so I ordered a wrist strap from Gordy. Perfect! Nicely made and good value. Highly recommended.

06-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice.
06-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am using the Noose from Crumpler, works great

06-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #4

I also changed from neck strap to wrist one.
But I simply use the original neck strap and tie them on the same side.
It also works fine!

06-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Gordy's strap on my K-x.

I just bought a Carry Speed CS-Pro sling style strap for my K-20D and it came with a nice soft wrist strap that mounts to the tripod screw. Not as trim as the Gordy strap, but it's more appropriate for the way I use my K20 to be able to switch back and forth.

A Carry Speed Slim with a wrist strap would be a nice combo on a K-01.
http://www.carryspeed.com/products/uni-strap-hand-strap
http://www.carryspeed.com/products/cs-slim-camera-sling-strap

Last edited by audiobomber; 06-24-2012 at 10:32 AM.
06-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I would of got the string gordy instead of the big rings thats gotta be a pain to get on and off, those are for rangefinders, old slr cameras and cameras with proper lugs... And even still I use the string gordys on my old SLRs...
06-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
I would of got the string gordy instead of the big rings thats gotta be a pain to get on and off, those are for rangefinders, old slr cameras and cameras with proper lugs... And even still I use the string gordys on my old SLRs...
I never take the Gordy's strap off the K-x. I don't worry about not being able to remove the wrist strap because I'm interested in keeping the K-x as small as possible. I first tried the cheap string wrist straps they supply with compact cameras, but the Pentax lugs cut through the nylon string. What does a string Gordy's look like, do you have a link or photo? What do use when you take the wrist strap off?

The Pentax neck strap is awful to attach.The allure of the Carry Speed for me was the ease of changing from a sling to a wrist strap, but the Carry Speed strap is bulkier than the Gordy's strap because of the screw assembly.

06-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I never take the Gordy's strap off the K-x. I don't worry about not being able to remove the wrist strap because I'm interested in keeping the K-x as small as possible. I first tried the cheap string wrist straps they supply with compact cameras, but the Pentax lugs cut through the nylon string. What does a string Gordy's look like, do you have a link or photo? What do use when you take the wrist strap off?

The Pentax neck strap is awful to attach.The allure of the Carry Speed for me was the ease of changing from a sling to a wrist strap, but the Carry Speed strap is bulkier than the Gordy's strap because of the screw assembly.
I use a cut artisan & artist silk strap, not to long not to short and I never carry it over the shoulder, thats just asking for trouble, I wrap it around my wrist... But um if you bought a gordy I'm sure you went to his website??? it's the same as his others straps but with a string instead of the rings.
06-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well sh*t - another cool photo accessory for me to spend money on. I think my q needs a sling.
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
I use a cut artisan & artist silk strap, not to long not to short and I never carry it over the shoulder, thats just asking for trouble, I wrap it around my wrist... But um if you bought a gordy I'm sure you went to his website??? it's the same as his others straps but with a string instead of the rings.
I haven't been on Gordy's site in about three years. I probably saw the string strap, but I would have passed it up as not suitable for a K-x. The string would be cut by the sharp Pentax lug, just like the Op-Tech wrist strap I tried.
06-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I haven't been on Gordy's site in about three years. I probably saw the string strap, but I would have passed it up as not suitable for a K-x. The string would be cut by the sharp Pentax lug, just like the Op-Tech wrist strap I tried.
na, it's super strong string nothign like the cheap shoestring on the op-tech, they have test pictures of them testing the strength, only string strap I'll trust on a heavy camera. But I'm still not even a fan of the gordy straps, I like my silk strap I can use it as a wrist or neck strap and it packs away nicely...