Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by everydaylife Quote
Last friday I bought the K01 body mainly as it was being offered at a good price thinking that if I didn't like it I could return it. Well with the lenses I use autofocus is useless unless photographing stationary objects. My mistake was assuming that the returns policies in Japan were the same as in my home country because even though I only had it a week and was attempting to exchange for a k30 they refused. They would only do it if the camera had a fault. I pointed out that they would be doubling their money but they still refused. oops!!

So is are there any particular settings that could be turned off that would make the camera autofocus faster.
You forgot to mention the lens that you used, As far as i know, and have experienced, AF speed vary depending on lens you use.

11-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #32

Make sure you have the latest firmware, and give it some time so you can adjust to the more leisure pace of this camera. There were only 2 things that it got in stride - the unique design which I like very much, and fire sale low price which probably isn't true anymore.
AF performance is just not up to today's mirrorless standard, but it's not too bad once you're accustomed. If you bought it expecting performance then it's probably a mistake. However there's no other camera like it, so that might be some consolation there