Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2016, 01:01 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Could the Q mount support a 1" sensor and use the existing lenses in crop like DA lenses on FF?

Q-1 ?
I think that is possible. I think that a 4:3 sensor would be better for having SR in body, but can be as large in surface as 1". I don't think wide angle would be the strongest case for such a camera. One needs new lenses. Old lenses do the crop.

No idea if this would give Q enough new future. Basicly you are looking for customers who want to invest from scratch.

---------- Post added 24-02-16 at 09:02 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
I would love to see Ricoh/Pentax get Sigma to allow them to have a K-mount version of those new SD Quattro mirrorless cameras. This is a perfect fit. A Foveon Mirrorless APS-H K-mount camera. Just the edge they need. Would save on having to develop their own mirrorless.

Isn't the Sigma SA mount not that far off from the K-mount?
That would be a good idea. Making the K-mount larger.

02-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

From the top view of the Sigma sd Quattro it looks like it would not be hard at all to adapt the K-mount to this body.

One can dream.
02-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think pretty much all problems that the K-01 had have been solved. CD AF has been improved significantly in the last years, and many mirrorless cameras have PD AF points embedded on the sensor. LCD monitors have been improved and made much thinner. But I doubt Pentax will make a mirrorless Kmount.

So I don't think it makes sense to resurrect a thread from 2012.. (which by itself serves as proof how much Pentax forgot about mirrorless K-mount). I just hope Ricoh decides to push Q as the main mirrorless offering and beef up its sensor and lens lineup.
03-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I check prices and availability at eBay on a regular basis; consistently there are at least 100 new K-30's listed and perhaps 20 new K-01's; the K-01 prices are nearly twice the K-30 prices. I haven't stopped to track these and see whether they actually sell any, but my sense is that there is a certain amount of inventory that is just sitting there right now, partly because these companies aren't really trying very hard to sell them {hard to explain the prices otherwise}. I guess I need to start watching the new K-01 inventory and see how often they do make a sale.

03-13-2016, 08:10 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Having sold my first K-01, I found I missed the bullet-proof focusing of full-time live view, and the amazing image quality from the K5 sensor with weaker AA filter. The video implementation was perfect too -- full manual controls, 24p frame rate, and real image stabilization.

That's a long way to say -- I bought another K-01. While I hope for a mirrorless successor, I didn't want to be without my K-01 as it is.

A future model would only need two things to be irresistible to me: an EVF (maybe tilting like the GX7/8) and a tilting rear screen.
04-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
full manual controls, 24p frame rate, and real image stabilization.
Well, two out of three of those being correct ain't bad.
The MovieSR is best left Off.