Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Banned

"Pentax (K-01) is the only MILC locked into one mount"

QuoteQuote:
Every other MILC on the planet can use all the Pentax lenses, plus any other lens from any other system with a larger registration depth. Pentax is the only MILC locked into one mount.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/193175...ml#post2034325

Last edited by jogiba; 08-26-2012 at 12:45 PM.
08-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What's the point of this post?
08-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Uh.. except for m42 and m39. Or all the other mounts with adapters, even though some need to be optical, but this goes for other cameras as well. Keep in mind that universal lens compatibility wasn't really planned for this camera, since Pentax already has a big selection of lenses (and third party PK lenses).
Actually, The K-01 with its wonderful focus peaking allows me to use some cheap old manual 50mm which I can't focus properly in regular OVF due to its softness and low contrast. The lens gives very nice results, though, has a lot of character.
The K-01 is also a very fun camera to shoot with and it is smaller than DSLRs. Basically, its great for what it is, but it doesn't pretend to be a pro tier DSLR nor does it pretend to be a Swiss army knife. Its a fun, stylish camera with a great sensor.

Edit: lol and if you want something compatible with ALL lenses, get a Pentax Q. Its smaller than those cameras in OP and it also allows pretty much anything.
08-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
What's the point of this post?
People like you got me banned on Pentax Forum for 30 days responding to this topic so go knock yourself out, I will not respond.

08-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
There are several things that make the K-01 unique: the first is the fact that it is compatible with "normal" Pentax SLR lenses (other mirrorless cameras use special lenses).
Pentax K-01 Features
08-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are pros and cons to Pentax's decision to stick with the k mount for mirrorless. The pros have to do with the fact that the K-01 (and K-02, etc) do not require a special adapter in order to use k mount lenses and therefore significantly increase the number of auto focus lenses available to the camera from the get-go. The cons are that you can't mount lenses with shorter registration distances like Leica and Canon lenses.

To many people, the con isn't that big, since anymore, autofocus is the name of the game. Still, there are lots of others who are disappointed that they can't go out and buy a ten thousand dollar noctilux to mount on their Pentax mirrorless camera.
08-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
I bet if Pentax came out with a clone of the Canon EOS M with smaller K-M mount and only a 20mm and 18-55mm K-M mount lenses there would be the even more people dissing it than the K-01. I have the K-7 and wanted full manual control in HD video mode so that is why I never got the K-5 but the K-01 had that along with focus peaking for my MF K-mount lenses and the problem was solved.

Last edited by jogiba; 08-26-2012 at 03:39 PM.
08-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
People like you got me banned on Pentax Forum for 30 days responding to this topic so go knock yourself out, I will not respond.
It was a real question because I've no idea where you want to go with your post since it are just some images, nothing is explained.

Don't blame me for your ban and that I ask you something, besides now it looks like you started this thread to start a flame war so keep on going like this to get yourself banned again...

08-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
The obvious advantage, of course, is immediate access to a huge and excellent lens lineup. The K-01 can shoot more lenses with autofocus in native mount than all of the other mirrorless systems combined.
Mirrorless, Mirrorless on the Wall: Part II - Imaging Resource
08-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As it appears the only purpose of this thread was to link to this thread, it is redundant.
Closed Thread