Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #1

Leica M & K-01 adaptor?

Not sure if it has been brought up here before, but is there any adaptors available for leica M lenses for the K-01? I have been extremely fortunate with my father in law kindly passing on his Leica M-4P with a 50mm & 35mm lens. If an adaptor is available that would be the icing on the cake. I have had a look at B&H, but they dont seem to show any?

09-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats!
Try searching on ebay, then you can search for the name of the adapter on more reputable websites, if you wish.
Also, which Leica mount are the lenses? Be sure not to get the wrong adapter!
09-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
Site Supporter

I believe there are is also leitax, which I think converts the mounts non-destructively to pentax. but not sure which lenses it works with
09-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
I believe there are is also leitax, which I think converts the mounts non-destructively to pentax. but not sure which lenses it works with
Leitax conversion only works with Leica-R mount lenses, which have a flange-focal distance close to Pentax's. Leica M are rangefinder lenses, so the flange-focal distance is already much shorter than Pentax K, and any adapter would only make it longer. Leica M adapted to Pentax K would be like always using an extension tube with those (very nice) lenses.

(As an aside, if I won the lottery, I'd buy up lots of Leica-R glass and get a Sigma SD1, with all that Foveon yumminess, and convert lenses for a while!)