Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe Pentax and the K-01 were trend setters?

News: Hasselblad Announces Lunar: Mirrorless Compact Digital Camera with APS Sensor
Luca Alessandrini Hasselblad’s New Business Development Manager said: “The Lunar is a celebration of the passion that the company’s founder Victor Hasselblad had for photography. We’ve developed this model in the traditional way, using handmade wooden prototypes to ensure superior ergonomics and functionality. This is a camera for both serious photographers and enthusiasts who aspire to shooting with a Hasselblad.”

He added: “Lunar, which can be used in fully automatic or fully manual mode, has been designed to be easy to use and versatile but with all the advanced technology employed in top DSLRs. For the first time the market now has a camera embracing traditional Hasselblad state-of-the-art image capture combined with stunning Italian design features.

And for the first time ever we are using carbon fiber, titanium, wood, leather and precious metals – including gold. The camera grip itself offers unparalleled ergonomics and has been developed to embrace both compact E-mount and the larger professional A-mount lenses.”

The Lunar, which is set for launch in the first quarter of 2013, will be priced circa 5000 Euros and will be available in a choice of standard models plus a variety of exclusive hand grips and precious materials on special order.

Attached Images

09-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow. That looks great. Not $5000 great...is that an obsidian lens hood?
09-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Wow. That looks great. Not $5000 great...is that an obsidian lens hood?
You have to understand, it's a Hassy. They can make it so, if you want it badly enough
09-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

More on this topic in our interview

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
More on this topic in our interview
You're kidding, right?
09-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

They talked about the effect of the K-01's looks on its sales and market reception- so no

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
They talked about the effect of the K-01's looks on its sales and market reception- so no
Wow. This should be interesting. Thanks.
09-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

I swear - I swear - I said the K-01 suffered from being too early. I honestly think in traditional black it is the most beautiful consumer electronic product I've ever owned - and it takes some damned hot pictures to boot.

From a purely ergonomic standpoint there are unnecessary compromises for the sake of design elegance (button placement) and marketing Mark Newson was a full-on mistake - but they've broken something open.

09-21-2012, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think I was the only Photokina visitor with a Yellow K-01 in the entire week
09-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Hassy or not, that is one strange looking camera! Hey Docrwm, maybe it would look better with a set of those M & M buttons like on the K-01 - what do you think?
09-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fotogaffer Quote
Hassy or not, that is one strange looking camera! Hey Docrwm, maybe it would look better with a set of those M & M buttons like on the K-01 - what do you think?
Read the blurb carefully. They are going to allow buyers to add precious jewels and gold to it. I think we have Marc Newsom's next gig identified!
09-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I actually like the look of my K-01, hassy took it a bit further though, and I also feel the 16mp APS-C sensor pumps out better images than the 24mp APS-C sensor, even sony admitted thats why they put the 16mp sensor in the new NEX6, because it handle low light performance better and everyone wanted it back in flagship NEX, why they would leave the sweet spot for the APS-C is obvious, 24mp marketing because at $5000 you would expect a FF sensor. I actually like the design, think it looks bad ass with a wood handle, I understand where they are coming from with this, people by hand made pens for hundreds of dollars and those pens are nothing more than a basic pen re-packaged, but they are beautiful works of art that makes you want to pick the pen up and use it...
09-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #13
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think I was the only Photokina visitor with a Yellow K-01 in the entire week
Nope there were two more inside and one more on the outside that didn't even know the event was going on in the city
09-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Nope there were two more inside and one more on the outside that didn't even know the event was going on in the city
Oh, John Carlson was there.
09-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Great, so it is being used by a small group.

I'm going to see Marc Newsons collection for G-Star,

G-Star RAW : MARC NEWSON : COLLABORATIONS : ABOUT MARC

Is there a fanclub?