Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #1

Focus zoom behaviour

I have noticed that when I first use the OK button to zoom the screen for focussing in manual mode, it rather bizzarely uses the top left of the frame rather than the middle. It only does this with manual lenses - if I attach an AF lens and use manual focus, then the initial setting for the zoom is the middle. Can anyone confirm this behaviour on their camera please? It's rather irratating as it takes a few seconds of wondering why you're not seeing a close-up of what you are focussed on and then using the green button to reset the area. One of the joys of the K-01 is using quality primes again with Focus Peaking, so it's a shame if there is a bug in the firmware here!

Regards

Tony

09-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #2

I have the same problem when using M42 lenses. Every time I start the camera the OK button zoom resets to the upper left corner.

On thing I have found is that If you flip the MF/AF switch the first thing you do after the camera is turned on the zoom will be in the middle when you press the OK Button.
09-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for confirming (and for the workaround!) Sounds like a bug in the firmware to me as I can't think of any logical reason for this behaviour. Need to find out how to log this with Pentax...

Regards

Tony
10-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This was bothering me as well with my M series and A series lenses. I'm happy to report that firmware update 1.01 has fixed this for me. It also improves focusing speeds with AF lenses by some margin.

10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for that! I wasn't aware that new firmware was out and with all the negative talk about the K-01 being dropped had wondered if this would ever be addressed.

Tony