Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I suppose it comes down to what you want a viewfinder for. Composition arrangements atop your camera body?

something like this?

ACP - Universal

I can't help but play the devil now tho. If you want a viewfinder, (composition, bright light) you buy a SLR. if you want something more portable, you buy a sans mirror yeah "shrugs"

It really sounds like you want a digital range finder yeah?

I cant wait till someone makes a digital back for my Kiev or Zorki

Last edited by tromboads; 10-07-2012 at 05:44 AM.
10-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #17
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
At the time, the camera had just come out, so not really. But according to the latest interviews, it seems that the interest in the K-01 wasn't as high as Pentax had hoped. We will have to wait until the next CP+ event to see what its fate will be...
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-01/201908-k-02-i-wish-anybody-want.html

The interest will be MUCH higher with more compact body with fast CDAF and EVF as option.
10-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Hello,
my short experience is a concluding : YES, YOU CAN use the Q'view-finder O-VF1 with K-01 and FA 31 Ltd.
The limits with any viewfinder is parallax, and potential lens intrusion in the frame.
Parallax :
The O-VF1 appears to help correcting parallax when you shot at a distance of say 1 meter : it includes two lines underneath the upper frame limit in this respect.
The funny thing is that using these indications work with K-01 and 0-VF1 as well ! I advise to use it even earlier, for sujects c.a. 2 meters from you
Lens intrusion :
This is the bigger short-comming of such a kit : the FA 31mm Ltd lens-tip appears to be within the bottom part of the frame.
Nonetheless, this is not a fatal drawback as you can easily adjust in a quick move your framing.
Format proportions :
Surprisingly, the difference in format versus 3:2 and 4:3 is not that much of a problem either : you only have to include the vertical markings in your composition.
ACL shut off :
No problem with that, you only have to choose it again each time you start the K-01.

Last edited by Zygonyx; 10-13-2012 at 05:34 AM.
04-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #19

You can get a tele-wide viewfinder on ebay, yashica or petri the center mask is 60mm (so just right for the 40) and the outer mask is 37mm. These can be had for under $30.

04-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Here's another custom finder option ..