Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #16

Original Poster
Will do

10-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Be careful with mounting and unmounting the lens, it takes some practice. Most lenses have a little line at the top or the brand name that aligns with the body when its fully mounted.
10-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #18

Original Poster
Today I ran into another problem! Whilst testing out my camera (it was set on automatic) it didn't allow me to take a picture of the sky (it automatically went into blue sky mode) and then I switched to scene mode (blue sky) same problem and even to HDR with a similar problem.
I admit, the sky was more grey than blue but it did recognize it as "blue sky". How can I make it work?

Cheers.
10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
Pentaxian

It didn't allow you how? The shutter didn't go off or the results were not what you expected?
With HDR mode for example, the camera will take three shots and then process them. I think this mode is only available as jpeg, will not produce raw files. So you have to hold the shutter button for the three shots and then let go and wait for it to process (without turning the camera off). Be careful, because if the light is dim, the shutter time for one of the photos can take a long time and any shaking can be seen in the final image. Usually you want to use this mode when the camera is mounted on a tripod.
I think the manual explains how to use the scene modes as well btw

10-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There is a need for contrat to focus on and simply grey doesn't do it.

Contrast (vision) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
10-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #21

Original Poster
The shutter didn't take off, the AE meter/box on the screen would turn red. I will try again with a tripod tomorrow and see how that works out!

The manual doesn't explain why the shutter doesn't work when taking pictures of a blue sky.
10-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by semislashcolon Quote
The shutter didn't take off, the AE meter/box on the screen would turn red. I will try again with a tripod tomorrow and see how that works out!

The manual doesn't explain why the shutter doesn't work when taking pictures of a blue sky.
It probably doesn't find anything to focus on. Swith to manual focus and it probably even takes pictures of the sky. (why?)
10-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Yep, if the frame goes red that means the camera cannot find a focus lock. You can turn the button from AF to MF and manually focus to infinity. Or maybe there is an option in the menu to turn off focus priority (and set to shutter priority), i don't have my K-01 with me right now to check.

10-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #24

Original Poster
Ah okay! Cos I tired to take 'blue sky' last night indoors--hey, it worked! I thought that was odd! HA! Okay, I'll give it a go.

Also, can you guys recommend a lens that's really great of taking close detail of wildlife? I'm always surrounded by wildlife and I'd love to take really great close-up photos of that but without having to get so close.
I took a look at Adam's Pentax K-01 lens as well, and there are some great recommendations but nothing that I came across about capturing wildlife.