Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
For the record, Adorama did get back to me finally. Stock expected by the end of the week.

Charles.

11-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
For the record, Adorama did get back to me finally. Stock expected by the end of the week.

Charles.
B&H said the same, they say it should ship by monday.
11-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks like Adorama has the yellow and white cameras with the 40mm lens in stock now, but not the deal with the bag, memory card, and extra battery. Battery appears to be backordered too. Unfortunately I will never own a neon camera, the point is discreet shooting...

Charles.
11-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Certainly worth the wait. I'm looking forward to having the 40mm lens for so cheap almost as much as playing with the K-01 itself!

11-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Sign me up. Gotta yellow bundle coming from Adorama. How can anyone resist this, I ask you?? I pondered the black camera, but really, if I'm gonna go in for this designer look, I'm gonna go all in
11-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #51
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I ordered the black version with 40mm lens from Crutchfield for $382 open box deal. I have a K5 and thought this could make a nice second body. With the 40mm lens included I found it too hard to resist. I hope I like the camera!
11-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dvest Quote
I ordered the black version with 40mm lens from Crutchfield for $382 open box deal. I have a K5 and thought this could make a nice second body. With the 40mm lens included I found it too hard to resist. I hope I like the camera!
Congratulations. The optics on the 40XS are very good, I hope you enjoy them both.

11-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #53
Pentaxian

My black kit with 40mm is on the way from Adorama! Kudos to Pentax for offering this deal- would never have even considered a K-01 until this offer, and now I just can't wait to have it. lol
11-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I ordered from Adorama with the package and everything, but only the bag, memory card, and stuff has shipped. The camera and battery are still backordered. Bummed...

Charles.
11-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #55
Veteran Member

I ordered from Adorama with the package and everything, but only the bag, memory card, and stuff has shipped. The camera and battery are still backordered. Bummed...

Charles.
Hmm that is strange, mine came all bundled together in its own bag in the box, I'm surprised they would bother to send the other stuff...thats like going to the market and buying all the spices but forgetting the meat!
11-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Charles.
Wow, that's weird. I stupidly didn't even notice the option for the package with the bag, card, and extra battery when I ordered mine. However, that almost surely means that the actual camera and lens will arrive tomorrow, since that's all that I ordered.
11-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Adorama is showing out of stock on the bodies, but I just ordered one from Amazon at $329. Can't say I desperately need this baby, but at that price it will be useful. Let's see what comes when.
11-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #58
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Got mine today. Haven't had much time to try it out yet but so far I think I'm really going to like it. It was pretty close to what I expected after reading comments and reviews except for the size. It's actually a little smaller than I thought it would be. Focus speed is not blazing but not slow either in my opinion. It's fast enough for my uses anyway. Image quality is as great as I hoped it would be. Shooting raw files it looks to have lower noise than my K-5. I'm looking forward to giving it a thorough workout this weekend!

Oh yeah - Looks like www.pentaxwebstore.com has the bodies in stock for $349
11-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dvest Quote
Got mine today. Haven't had much time to try it out yet but so far I think I'm really going to like it. It was pretty close to what I expected after reading comments and reviews except for the size. It's actually a little smaller than I thought it would be. Focus speed is not blazing but not slow either in my opinion. It's fast enough for my uses anyway. Image quality is as great as I hoped it would be. Shooting raw files it looks to have lower noise than my K-5. I'm looking forward to giving it a thorough workout this weekend!

Oh yeah - Looks like PentaxWebstore.com:Official Pentax Online Store | PentaxWebstore.com has the bodies in stock for $349
*makes deeply impatient noise* Glad the current round of orders is arriving! (cause I want mine, arrgh :P) Congrats!
11-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #60
Pentaxian

Not sure why I never really considered one of these... because this thing is great! One day I'll actually remove the DA40 and try it on my K-5, but that might be weeks. K-01=Keeper