Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best K-01 deal: body + case + 16gb card + card case for $346

For those who missed it, this is an absolute steal! K-01 body with free goodies for $396:
Pentax K-01 Digital Camera Body Black - Bundle 16GB SD 15222 A

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Well, as gigantic as that mirrorless is, it is only fitting that it comes with a bag to carry it around.
11-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Well, as gigantic as that mirrorless is, it is only fitting that it comes with a bag to carry it around.
What other mirrorless has as large of a sensor as the K-01? Oh, that's right, none.
11-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Ordered this same bundle last night. For the same price as just getting jst the body, no reason not to get this bundle.
The bag looks a lot smaller than my camera backpack. It might be better than taking my backpack for when I know I am only going to be using a max of 2-3 lenses.
Don't have too much hope that the included 16GB card is going to be anywhere near as fast as my current 16GB card.

11-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cyclone3d Quote
What other mirrorless has as large of a sensor as the K-01? Oh, that's right, none.
Eh, Leica M9 has a larger sensor than K-01. NEX 5 and 7 both have APS-C sensors. So does Canon's new mirrorless.

None of these cameras required a massive slashing of prices and a bag to entice the buyers.

That's right.

BTW, I think I will get a yellow one (without a bag, of course).
11-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Eh, Leica M9 has a larger sensor than K-01. NEX 5 and 7 both have APS-C sensors. So does Canon's new mirrorless.

None of these cameras required a massive slashing of prices and a bag to entice the buyers.

That's right.

BTW, I think I will get a yellow one (without a bag, of course).
That is news to me. Good to hear it though. Heh, the new Canon is sad. Just watched the review.

Leica M9 is Really really expensive.

The Nex5n is $365 for the body.. Wonder if that is why Pentax lowered the price of the K-01.

In any case, I don't like smaller cameras. I need something to hold on to.
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Would be great if they could slash the price of the new Leica M...

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Would be great if they could slash the price of the new Leica M...
Well, Leica ME, which in essentially the same camera as M9, will be sold at the pricie of $4,995. You can also get a really nice second hand M9 for about $4,000, and it will be even a bit less in the next coming months.

11-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
At that price, you can't take any compromises It's this one or nothing:
Leica M Digital Rangefinder Camera (Black) 10770 B&H Photo Video

Adam

11-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
At that price, you can't take any compromises It's this one or nothing:
Leica M Digital Rangefinder Camera (Black) 10770 B&H Photo Video
Hm . . .

There were a few compromise that I swallowed with 645d for the price they commanded, and I was ok with that.

I am about to dive in head first to Leica M monochrom. That will be interesting.
11-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #11

If the K-01 isn't on the way out would it be safe to assume it hasn't reached its lowest price point? If that is so and there's no imperative to immediately have one would it be better to hang in a little longer to get it even cheaper? After all every dollar you don't have to spend on the body is a dollar you can put towards a lens as I see it. So is delayed gratification the better commercial option when It comes to cameras?
11-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #12

Photos: Albums
Great stuff at great prices. I ordered a K-01 more than a week ago, from the pentaxweb store and I hope to enjoy it someday. But UPS says no delivery until the last week in November. How long do we wait? Including the 5 day PayPal transfer, the delivery will be at least 20 days after initiating the online purchase. The wait is killing the fun factor. I will never use PayPal. I will never take "free shipping." I will shop at brick and mortar if possible, and pay for quick service... Well maybe. But for online order, I will pay for next day air or whatever the fast expensive delivery option is. Meanwhile, my undelivered K-01 Yellow is freezing in a UPS truck someplace in Wisconsin for 7-10 more days. TY for caring.
11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lelax Quote
Great stuff at great prices. I ordered a K-01 more than a week ago, from the pentaxweb store and I hope to enjoy it someday. But UPS says no delivery until the last week in November. How long do we wait? Including the 5 day PayPal transfer, the delivery will be at least 20 days after initiating the online purchase. The wait is killing the fun factor. I will never use PayPal. I will never take "free shipping." I will shop at brick and mortar if possible, and pay for quick service... Well maybe. But for online order, I will pay for next day air or whatever the fast expensive delivery option is. Meanwhile, my undelivered K-01 Yellow is freezing in a UPS truck someplace in Wisconsin for 7-10 more days. TY for caring.
This is why you should shop at B&H instead- orders are processed immediately if they're open and usually ship the same day. Also, their free shipping is UPS ground, not "super saver", so you won't have to wait more than a week for delivery

Adam

11-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NorbertR Quote
If the K-01 isn't on the way out would it be safe to assume it hasn't reached its lowest price point? If that is so and there's no imperative to immediately have one would it be better to hang in a little longer to get it even cheaper? After all every dollar you don't have to spend on the body is a dollar you can put towards a lens as I see it. So is delayed gratification the better commercial option when It comes to cameras?
Camera bodies outdate themselves by the minute. Your body is not getting any younger, and most of you mortals only live once. So me thinks that you should get one now, instead of later.