Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-01 Support? Where do I turn?

I just received my K-01 from Adorama. When I turn it on, it first shows me a start up screen with the logo for the designer, then it goes to the set up page for language. The first time I turn it on, I expect this. Afterwards, I'm puzzled and annoyed. I look through the menu and there is a check box option to turn off this feature, but it doesn't matter whether or not I have it checked, I always have to push the menu button twice before the cameras is able to be used.
I went to the Pentax website and under the tab for support and service, eight different models are shown, but not the K-01! Huh?! I have read the sections in the manual regarding this and I don't understand why I can't turn this extreemly annoying feature off and I don't understand why I can't find support for my camera. Any suggestions? What I am I missing? Thanx in advance.

11-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Are both of those menus showing up? First question I will ask is if you actually completed all of the first setup options (i.e. chose language, set time, time zone, etc)? If you just exited out by pressing menu these would continue to pop up (you didn't indicate you completed them all which is why I asked!). Second, below the check box to turn off the startup screen I think there is also a check box to turn off the screen titling for mode (i.e. dial) changes, which would also show what mode you have the camera set to at start-up as well. If you have both of those boxes unchecked, I can assist no further!
11-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanx, I'll go through the set up steps again just to be sure. Is there no support for us with Pentax? I don't know where to call or email for support. Surely it is listed somewhere in my documentation, but I have so far been unable to find it. Not good.
11-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #4

Original Poster
Okay, I had failed to select the "settings complete" box and press the OK button. After going through those steps and restarting the camera it seems to be okay.

11-08-2012, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
BTW, your K-01 support is here in this very forum

See also this recommended settings page:
Pentax K-01 Camera Review - Recommended Settings - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #6

Original Poster
Another follow up. I found the Customer Service phone number when I put the CD in to register my product. It's now saved in my iPhone.
11-08-2012, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just read the manual and play with your camera and you will start to learn every option in it.
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

You could always take it somewhere like Wolf Camera.

11-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ASheffield Quote
You could always take it somewhere like Wolf Camera.
Nooooooooo! Not Wolf camera.
11-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Nooooooooo! Not Wolf camera.
I meant somewhere that specializes in cameras.
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-01 Support

For future reference, are you looking for K-01 support in the Hybrid Cameras section or in the Digital Cameras section? Pentax put the K-01 and Q stuff in a special Hybrid Cameras section of the website.

I found these pages for you.

PENTAX - K-01 Yellow Support Page

General Custome Support Page
11-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #12

Original Poster
Thank you. I seem to be getting along okay with it for now. Although I shot some samples in my yard today and I was surprised to see how badly out of focus some of them were when I thought that the autofocus was working fine.
11-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Scootskipper Quote
Thank you. I seem to be getting along okay with it for now. Although I shot some samples in my yard today and I was surprised to see how badly out of focus some of them were when I thought that the autofocus was working fine.
did you put new firmware on it?

Well misfocussing does happen, since the area for focussing is rather large so sometime it does focus good, just not on the spot you liked.