Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #211
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am so happy that the mode dials on both of my K01's decided to pop off at the same time. Once I glue them back on, that paranoia will pretty much vanish. I'm thinking JB Weld.

06-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #212

Before you do, would you mind taking pictures and measurements? Mine fell off in the field and is irretrievably lost. You wouldn't happen to have ties with anyone in the machining or 3-D printing fields, would you?
06-15-2015, 10:26 PM   #213
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Achromatter Quote
Before you do, would you mind taking pictures and measurements? Mine fell off in the field and is irretrievably lost. You wouldn't happen to have ties with anyone in the machining or 3-D printing fields, would you?
I'll see what I can do.
06-15-2015, 10:42 PM   #214
Site Supporter

I love the K01 combinations seen in this thread. The K01 looks so good with many lenses.

A couple of mine.

06-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #215

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
I love the K01 combinations seen in this thread. The K01 looks so good with many lenses.

A couple of mine.

What kind of viewfinder do you have in first picture???
Looks reeeealy.
Thanks
06-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #216
Site Supporter

A couple of mine.

Ahhh you saw it

It is a Sony viewfinder for a very old digital camera. Check out this link.

Sony Mavica CD300 Review: Features & Controls - Steves Digicams

I acquired it new in a box with a camera lot. I pondered its uses then took to it with a hacksaw and 20 minutes later it was attached.

You will need a new one in the box to do what I did. There is a plastic guard protecting the mirror inside the viewfinder (packaging). I had to cut a window in the guard then affix the windowed guard to the camera for use as a mount (using double sided tape). Works well.
06-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #217
Pentaxian

Ahhh you saw it It is a Sony viewfinder for a very old digital camera.
Seriously, that makes the camera look like a shrunken Hasselblaad.
QuoteOriginally posted by Achromatter Quote
You wouldn't happen to have ties with anyone in the machining or 3-D printing fields, would you?
Actually, I think there is a member. He made some accessories for the focus ring on some Q lenses. Its an interesting idea
06-16-2015, 07:26 PM   #218
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Seriously, that makes the camera look like a shrunken Hasselblaad.

Actually, I think there is a member. He made some accessories for the focus ring on some Q lenses. Its an interesting idea
If anyone knows who that member is, ask him to PM me. Not sure If I'd be game to send my mode dial to someone and risk never seeing it again, but maybe.

06-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #219

Dave, that would be very gracious of you, and all parties involved. I would be very appreciative, as I'm sure others with missing knobs/dials would be as well. If you need anything; shipping costs, etc., please don't hesitate to ask.
06-16-2015, 11:42 PM   #220

Ahhh you saw it

It is a Sony viewfinder for a very old digital camera. Check out this link.

Sony Mavica CD300 Review: Features & Controls - Steves Digicams

I acquired it new in a box with a camera lot. I pondered its uses then took to it with a hacksaw and 20 minutes later it was attached.

You will need a new one in the box to do what I did. There is a plastic guard protecting the mirror inside the viewfinder (packaging). I had to cut a window in the guard then affix the windowed guard to the camera for use as a mount (using double sided tape). Works well.
Thanks.
Awesome.
How does it work, feel. Had saw some hoods with mirrors but not like that.
It will be nice if some viewfinder producer will start produce something like this.
06-17-2015, 06:04 AM   #221

That viewfinder look so nice but is impossible to find if not on eBay maybe no where

---------- Post added 06-17-15 at 06:05 AM ----------

Also found this one cool for the price Tarion TR V1 Universal LCD Viewfinder for 3 0" 3 2" Screen Canon Nikon DSLR New | eBay
06-17-2015, 06:22 AM   #222
Site Supporter

Unfortunately it would seem impossible to find. I've tried a few times to located this viewfinder since adapting it and had no luck. Keep looking though - I am sure one will pop up.

---------- Post added 06-17-15 at 11:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Cata'S Quote
Thanks.
Awesome.
How does it work, feel. Had saw some hoods with mirrors but not like that.
It will be nice if some viewfinder producer will start produce something like this.
It works really well. In fact I was really surprised how nicely it fit and the magnification I get out of it. If you can find one it is well worth the modification.
06-17-2015, 06:39 AM   #223
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
If anyone knows who that member is, ask him to PM me. Not sure If I'd be game to send my mode dial to someone and risk never seeing it again, but maybe.
I don't think you would send anything, other than precise measurements and a some photos with a coin or something for scale. I think the user account is K10Perry, but Im not sure they are still active on this forum
06-26-2015, 10:17 AM   #224
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I don't think you would send anything, other than precise measurements and a some photos with a coin or something for scale. I think the user account is K10Perry, but Im not sure they are still active on this forum
Oops, I posted this in the mode dial thread...
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/138-pentax-k-01/215611-k-01-mode-dial-pro...ml#post3295437