Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cyclone3d Quote
As for accuracy, the default multi-point seems to like to focus on stuff in the background. I have turned mine to spot and it nails focus every time.
That has been my experience with the multi-point focus as well. It often takes several presses of the focus button to get to a lock on a useful subject. Face detection only works when the subject is facing you, but sometimes the multi-point grabs an eye from the side. When the FD works, it is right on. I suspect I'll be using select or spot focus mostly, but my wife, who is the intended owner of this body, likes the auto modes she is used to with her P & S cameras.

11-26-2012, 08:35 PM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
@airjames - did you notice a big improvement in focus speed/accuracy with the firmware update? How good would you say it is now? Thanks.
I'm not too sure as I haven't used 1.00 long. I figured this video was proof that I was saving myself a lot of hassle and tainting the image of my new K01
John Flores posted this and it's somewhat lengthy but rightfully so as I don't think anyone wants to ever have to go back to 1.00 firmware.

Does anyone know the easiest way to focus with manual lenses? I THINK there's supposed to be a white contrasty outline when you go over a subject right? I kept the settings from the sticky here on these forums and I changed my setting to MF and M on Dial. I haven't tried changing exposure yet, only aperture. Here's some pics that I've taken so far. Wetsuits Line Up Dejur 80-210mm F3.8 Wide Open | Flickr - Photo Sharing! I'm still finding out which apertures work well with the four lenses I have so far.

Last edited by airjames; 11-26-2012 at 09:03 PM.
12-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by airjames Quote
I'm not too sure as I haven't used 1.00 long. I figured this video was proof that I was saving myself a lot of hassle and tainting the image of my new K01
Pentax K-01 Firmware 1.01 AF Test - YouTube John Flores posted this and it's somewhat lengthy but rightfully so as I don't think anyone wants to ever have to go back to 1.00 firmware.

Does anyone know the easiest way to focus with manual lenses? I THINK there's supposed to be a white contrasty outline when you go over a subject right? I kept the settings from the sticky here on these forums and I changed my setting to MF and M on Dial. I haven't tried changing exposure yet, only aperture. Here's some pics that I've taken so far. Wetsuits Line Up Dejur 80-210mm F3.8 Wide Open | Flickr - Photo Sharing! I'm still finding out which apertures work well with the four lenses I have so far.
Wow, that video shows a huge improvement in AF.