Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Save cross processing setting?

So, what's the use of the save cross processing thing? There are only three cross-processing settings, plus random. What's the purpose of this setting?

I was HOPING I could use the filters to create my own cross process setting, but it doesn't appear this setting does that.

Charles.

11-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Also, the filters menu (when editing images) is much, much more user-friendly on the Kx. To me, the K01 is a step backwards there.

Charles.
11-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

You're supposed to use the random cross processing for a while. Then you can save the ones you like.

Try to set the camera to random crossprocess, 2mpeg 1-star hi continuous drive and fire away for
a minute. Then look through through the results for the kind you want, and save it.
I've saved a nice blue-yellow one for myself like that.

You can't deliberately design your own cross processings, unfortunately. Canon has a PC utility that
lets you design picture styles and transfer them to the camera. Something like that would be nice.

Regards,
--Anders.