Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Adorama & UPS

I ordered the yellow K-01 kit for $346 at Adorama on the 10 Nov. 2012 it was shipped via UPS on the 13 and up until now I have not received the package. Called Adorama couple times and asked them to contact UPS to put a trace and it turns out that UPS has yet to find the whearabouts of the package. I might take 10 business days from the day they put the trace on (November 23 2012) to find the package. In the meantime, I'm stuck.

Adorama is not helping much as they can't seem to put pressure on UPS to speed up the process nor cancel the purchase. All they suggest is to order another K-01 then once UPS finds the package they will accept the return but that's still pretty much hassle to me as I will not be around for Christmas to do all that return stuff.

What do you guys recommend I should do?

I just hate UPS, this is the 3rd time I'm having issues with them this year. Last time it was via Newegg, UPS delivered empty box to my house while the order was a an Asus tablet. Luckily Newegg was quick to refund me then handle the rest with UPS.

From a pissed off customer!

Last edited by ducdao; 11-29-2012 at 08:59 AM.
11-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Order a new K-01 would be my suggestion.

UPS will return the other box if you're not at home three times in a row when they try to deliver (provided that Adorama asked for signature upon delivery). If they just leave the package outside the door you can take it unopened to any UPS store or any UPS driver and say that you refuse to accept the package. They will return it at no cost to you.
11-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not much you can do. It's yet another example of why I will not buy from Adorama or B&H. No USPS no purchase, simple as that!

My worse run with UPS was when they totally forked up on Duty. The duty (near $300.00) was more then the purchase price for the item manufactured in the USA! NATFA anyone knock knock there is no duty. They charged me a royal brokerage fee for the screw up which they freely admitted to but refused to refund the money until they received a refund from Canada Customs and Excise. UPS said it would take a year and it did!

There is a happy side to this though, about a week later another package arrived and I paid with a bank card, apparently they screwed up and the bank told them to pound sand. When they called asking for money I explained the previous problem and explained it would take about a year for me to straighten out this situation and it did!
11-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Not much you can do. It's yet another example of why I will not buy from Adorama or B&H. No USPS no purchase, simple as that!

My worse run with UPS was when they totally forked up on Duty. The duty (near $300.00) was more then the purchase price for the item manufactured in the USA! NATFA anyone knock knock there is no duty. They charged me a royal brokerage fee for the screw up which they freely admitted to but refused to refund the money until they received a refund from Canada Customs and Excise. UPS said it would take a year and it did!

There is a happy side to this though, about a week later another package arrived and I paid with a bank card, apparently they screwed up and the bank told them to pound sand. When they called asking for money I explained the previous problem and explained it would take about a year for me to straighten out this situation and it did!
That what I told the Adorama cust. rep. that if they select to stick with UPS as shipper then expect to loose another customer like me. I never had any issue with USPS too.

11-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

B&H will ship with USPS if you want, I believe. You can choose between priority or express mail.

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
That what I told the Adorama cust. rep. that if they select to stick with UPS as shipper then expect to loose another customer like me. I never had any issue with USPS too.
I tend to prefer UPS, because their tracking is better and you're basically guaranteed to get the item (if it ends up being lost, they will compensate the shipper).

I don't think there's much Adorama can do until UPS figures out what's up, but if they aren't helpful, contact Helen Oster here on the forum and I'm sure she'll make things right

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
B&H will ship with USPS if you want, I believe. You can choose between priority or express mail.
I wish Adam.
QuoteQuote:
International Orders

Shipping Policies

B&H ships with UPS and FedEx.
International Policies | B&H Photo Video

P.S. Also I live out in the boonies and have a P.O. Box. No one does deliveries here so I couldn't order even if I was willing to do biz with UPS/Fedex etc.

Last edited by riff; 11-29-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: P.S
11-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think its actually the other way around. I ordered 2 16GB SD cards from Adorama and they were shipped USPS First Class mail. I ordered 1 32GB SD card from B&H and it was shipped UPS Smart Post. The USPS still delivered it to my house, but it had to sit in a warehouse in Ohio for a week first.
11-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Just ran a couple of items through Adorama
K-5 IIs ~1300.00
FedEx International Economy $102.70
FedEx International Priority $116.70

Tiffen 58mm Circular Polarizer Glass Filter $23.25
FedEx International Economy $82.00
FedEx International Priority $90.00

Awesome!!!

11-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

P.S. Also I live out in the boonies and have a P.O. Box. No one does deliveries here so I couldn't order even if I was willing to do biz with UPS/Fedex etc.
Ah, if you're outside of the country, then yeah, things are a little different. The expedited carriers need to make sure they collect their brokerage dues

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery
I ordered the yellow K-01 kit for $346 at Adorama on the 10 Nov. 2012 it was shipped via UPS on the 13 and up until now I have not received the package. Called Adorama couple times and asked them to contact UPS to put a trace and it turns out that UPS has yet to find the whearabouts of the package. I might take 10 business days from the day they put the trace on (November 23 2012) to find the package. In the meantime, I'm stuck.

Adorama is not helping much as they can't seem to put pressure on UPS to speed up the process nor cancel the purchase. All they suggest is to order another K-01 then once UPS finds the package they will accept the return but that's still pretty much hassle to me as I will not be around for Christmas to do all that return stuff.

I just hate UPS, this is the 3rd time I'm having issues with them this year. Last time it was via Newegg, UPS delivered empty box to my house while the order was a an Asus tablet. Luckily Newegg was quick to refund me then handle the rest with UPS.

From a pissed off customer!
I don't get it? I just ordered a K-01 on Sunday from Adorama, and they notified me two days ago it was shipping UPS and sent me the tracking number so I can follow it. It is suppose to arrive in Chicago tomorrow. I just checked up on it. How did you not get a tracking number?
11-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well i got a tracking number too but
the problem is Ups has lost track of the package and is currently trying to trace it.
11-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #12
Adorama Camera Representative

We absolutely DO ship USPS! What we don't have currently is any way of doing it via the website. But if you call up one of our reps you can request USPS shipping for sure (or UPS ground, or FedEx). BUT: the order value must be $200 or less, as above that it isn't insured.

You can also email me with your order advising that you want it shipped USPS, and I'll forward it on to one of our reps, if you prefer that option: Helen@adorama.com
11-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #13

I ordered the yellow K-01 kit for $346 at Adorama on the 10 Nov. 2012 it was shipped via UPS on the 13 and up until now I have not received the package...................

Contact me: Helen@adorama.com, with your order number, and I'll certainly see what I may be able to do to help.
11-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
if you call up one of our reps you can request USPS shipping for sure
Thanks for the info Helen, sure would be swell if this gem was added to you website under international shipping.

Also
and tagline is
HelenO@adorama.com
both good?
11-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #15

I'm sure we'll get there; but the BIG news is that we now have - as of yesterday - a LOW-COST shipping option to Canada, whereby duties ets can be paid upfront.

I need to go over the info I've been sent to fully understand it, but this is who we are using: BILSI-Brokerage Service