Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Forum Member

LCD screen when focusing

Focus on subject, then screen goes to smaller size with green rectangle. I cannot determine where to change the x2 in the menu anywhere. When pic taken you do get the whole pic, only see part of it on LCD prior to the shot.

Thanks

12-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you have AF Autozoom enabled.

You can turn it off/on with <Menu> first page | AF/MF Settings | check/uncheck AF Autozoom.
12-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes, AutoZoom enabled is what the problem was. I thought that was one of the recommended settings????

All is good now.

Thanks
12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Some people really like AF Autozoom, some find it annoying. I sometimes use it. In manual-focusing, you can press the OK button to zoom in, which is really handy for fine-tuning focus. Half-pressing the shutter button zooms back out. I'm not sure if that is true for autofocus. I don't have the camera in front of me right now, or I would check.

12-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Followup: AF Autozoom will stay zoomed in as long as you half-press. This works best if your process is Compose-Focus-ConfirmFocus-Shoot, but I generally use centerpoint focusing - RoughCompose-Focus-Recompose-Shoot, so AF Autozoom doesn't really work for me.
12-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Some people really like AF Autozoom, some find it annoying. I sometimes use it. In manual-focusing, you can press the OK button to zoom in, which is really handy for fine-tuning focus. Half-pressing the shutter button zooms back out. I'm not sure if that is true for autofocus. I don't have the camera in front of me right now, or I would check.
Thanks for that tip on the OK button zoom, that's really handy and I missed that in the manual!
I personally don't like the AF Autozoom but will try it again sometime, maybe it's just something a person has to get used to (LOL).
12-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You can also change the autozoom by turning the wheel. So maybe 2x zoom isn't so anoying.
12-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Was using the AF zoom at first too because it was one of the recommended settings and I honestly found it quite annoying but I suppose I can see how it could be quite handy in certain situations (manual focusing).