Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Durham, nc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 896
Hand strap for K-01

Is anyone using one? I'm thinking I'd really like one for mine, because it doesn't easily hang from my fingers like my K-x does, and I don't want to put a regular strap on it either. Is there one out there that fits and works nicely, but won't break the bank?

Charles.

12-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
Is anyone using one? I'm thinking I'd really like one for mine, because it doesn't easily hang from my fingers like my K-x does, and I don't want to put a regular strap on it either. Is there one out there that fits and works nicely, but won't break the bank?

Charles.
I put a gordy's wrist strap (Link Here) on mine - it is a great fit with the camera's look and is especially suited to the K-01/40mm xs pair. Those are under $20. I also use Optech wrist straps for carrying cameras if you're looking for a cheaper solution - IMHO the gordy's is well worth the extra ten bucks.
12-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Biro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,182
Here's another neopreme wrist strap that I've been looking at. It's branded Polaroid and is cheap enough...

Amazon.com: Polaroid Neoprene Adjustable Wrist Strap For The Pentax Q, Q10, X-5, K-01, K-30, K-X, K-7, K-5, K-5 II, K-R, 645D, K20D, K200D, K2000, K10D, K2000, K1000, K100D Super, K110D, *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DS, *ist DS2 Digital SLR Cameras: Electro
12-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Durham, nc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 896
Original Poster
I was looking for something that allows my hand to fit into it, so it's more or less always attached to the camera. Not a wrist strap, per say. I've seen some in the past that attach to the top right strap mount and then to the tripod mount... but I can't seem to find one like that now.

Charles.

12-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Mareket's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chester
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 719
Gordy's straps are beautiful. You could jiggle them top just fit your hand, but yeah I'm not sure I know of a hand strap thing for the K-01. Wouldn't a generic one do?
12-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Eric Auer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 861
I have one of these, and it does the Job well.

I dont have a K-01 but have used it on several different film and digital bodies.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/357995-REG/Kalt_NP6779_Camera_Comfort_...:Shipping+:++$
12-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
Should make a petition to Mark to design one for the K-01 - sorry, I just could not refrain myself
12-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,692
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Should make a petition to Mark to design one for the K-01 - sorry, I just could not refrain myself
But it would probably cost more than the cameras are currently selling for

12-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
But it would probably cost more than the cameras are currently selling for
That's why I just had to say it
12-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,645
Been using a Case LogicDHS-101 and so far it's been pretty decent. Camera feels much more secure in the hand and it has a little pouch that will hold a spare SD card.
12-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #11
Pentaxian
mecrox's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oxford, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,117
QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
I was looking for something that allows my hand to fit into it, so it's more or less always attached to the camera. Not a wrist strap, per say. I've seen some in the past that attach to the top right strap mount and then to the tripod mount... but I can't seem to find one like that now.

Charles.
There are lots on this page, including a Pentax-branded hand strap. I use a nice one from fleabay which cost me ten bucks, I think, though you can pay much more. It attaches to one lug and the tripod screw.
12-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fishtown, Philly PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 55
I just got one of these delivered today from ETSY. Nice and simple, kind of hybrid wrist strap. Just the bare bones...She has a lot of other cool camera straps, bags, cases, etc. too...very fast shipping as well New Color Black DSLR Wrist Strap Camera Strap by PorteenGear
12-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
Veteran Member
EarlVonTapia's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vancouver
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,153
The straps for the Wii Motes from the Nintendo Wii will work perfectly as a wrist strap.
12-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,645
QuoteOriginally posted by steveeboy Quote
I just got one of these delivered today from ETSY. Nice and simple, kind of hybrid wrist strap. Just the bare bones...She has a lot of other cool camera straps, bags, cases, etc. too...very fast shipping as well New Color Black DSLR Wrist Strap Camera Strap by PorteenGear
Nice! Shot a message to the seller asking if he/she could possibly do a white one to go along with my Panda Trooper.
12-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,692
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Nice! Shot a message to the seller asking if he/she could possibly do a white one to go along with my Panda Trooper.
I thought white would be neat too, but my other hobby is barbecue, and I take photos to post on a bbq forum.
So, well you know............
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-01, k01, mirrorless, pentax k-01
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Genuine Pentax Leather Hand Strap for all Pentax DSLR's (Worldwide) kcmadr Sold Items 8 02-16-2011 09:02 AM
Hand Strap for K-5 w/ Grip blockamon Ask B&H Photo! 2 11-07-2010 11:28 AM
Hand strap for K10D blwnhr Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 13 07-23-2008 09:14 PM
Hand strap for K100D? raider Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 13 10-26-2007 06:05 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top