Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
XS lenses - anymore?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I remember looking and saw some XS lenses upcoming- i can't seem to find them in the road map from pentax-

Any idea what is happening with the k01?
I was considering it as a backup/travel cam, but would like to know that it is going to be supported

12-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They basically said there wasn't much interest in any mirrorless-only lenses for now

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

It is a great pityt that Pentax did not give some sister lenses to the DA40mmxs. On the K-01, the 40mmxs is really nice and unobstrusive. I love the focus ring, very easy to use.

Pentax, please give us a few more xs lenses: eg 70mm xs?
12-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
It is a great pityt that Pentax did not give some sister lenses to the DA40mmxs. On the K-01, the 40mmxs is really nice and unobstrusive. I love the focus ring, very easy to use.

Or 21mm XS = instabuy

12-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Or 21mm XS = instabuy
They could make it like this, no need for retrofocus.
Super Wide 21mm F3 3 w Finder Yashica Pentax Leica M Contax s Yashinon DX | eBay
12-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
I doubt that Pentax can sell other limited lenses as cheap with a XS version, so the XS version might only be 10-20% cheaper than limited version, if cheaper at all.

And Pentax can probably not make other XS lenses smaller, as the limited version already have the front lens element close to the front of the lens.
12-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sifun Quote
I remember looking and saw some XS lenses upcoming- i can't seem to find them in the road map from pentax-

Any idea what is happening with the k01?
I was considering it as a backup/travel cam, but would like to know that it is going to be supported
Even if the K-01 is discontinued, it would have just as much support as any other discontinued model, like the K-m/K-x/K-r/K-7/K-5, etc.

12-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery
At today's prices on the K-01, if you get the K-01 and lens combo you could even consider the camera disposable. But I have a feeling it will last just as long as any other Pentax K body. Heck maybe even longer since there is no mirror mechanism.