Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #1

ok I've taken the plunge

Just ordered a k01 with lens from b&h. Should arrive on friday morning.. or so they said, it better be!

I plan on having it with me everywhere. Just leave it in my car to not lose any photo opts. Or have something to do when I get off work and dont't wanna go straight home.. things like that. I think focus peaking will be useful for macro as well.

Also I tought it will be useful in my next vacation to colombia. The last time I went my mom didn't let me take my then canon 1000d to public places I so much wanted to document because it looked like a "professional" camera and there were a lot of thieves looking for those!, I'm sure she'd say the same about the k5 but I think the k01 and 40 xs will be inconspicuous enough that I can take it to such places.

I also discovered I could've ordered the k01 with lens and the da* 55 bundled and get an extra discount on the 55 for a total of $514! I just paid $600 for it..

Oh well.

12-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ouch - that is quite a deal for the DA*!

Welcome to the club! What color is your brick? I find the m-focus gear has new life with the K-01, but I really need to do more reading as the K-5 experience doesn't really translate on some issues. It's a fun camera, and definitely not a pro-gear look; as long as it has that sensor it can look any way it wants

Don't forget to bring your K-5 battery on trips, this camera will have a shorter life on just one LI-90... though I have yet to recharge myself so it's not bad!
12-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Ouch - that is quite a deal for the DA*!

Welcome to the club! What color is your brick? I find the m-focus gear has new life with the K-01, but I really need to do more reading as the K-5 experience doesn't really translate on some issues. It's a fun camera, and definitely not a pro-gear look; as long as it has that sensor it can look any way it wants

Don't forget to bring your K-5 battery on trips, this camera will have a shorter life on just one LI-90... though I have yet to recharge myself so it's not bad!
Is black , the yellow is too much for me. Yeah I am also looking forward to using manual lenses with it because it was really a dissapointment with the k5.

And the da 55 is a really great lens at that price!
12-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Vindemiatrix Quote
Is black , the yellow is too much for me. Yeah I am also looking forward to using manual lenses with it because it was really a dissapointment with the k5.

And the da 55 is a really great lens at that price!
+1 My black one arrives tomorrow.

12-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Spotmatic Quote
+1 My black one arrives tomorrow.

Using manual lenses on the k5 was much more difficult than in my old canon xs. SInce getting the k5 I gave my canon and a bunch of m42 lenses to my younger brother.
One of the reasons I switched to pentax was to use all the great manual glass I was using on my canon, I figured heck if it's pentax it will be easier to use..

Big mistake. Now I'm all sucked into the autofocus lenses because manual was a no no. When I saw the quality of the images there was no going back even with all the bad things

It was a ton easier to expose and FOCUS with the canon and adapters were cheap enough and readily avalilable to buy one per lens.

The one adapter for the pentax costed me a grip and a few weeks to find, and focusing and exposing with the lenses was hard.

Now pentax has all my money