Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #1

New K-01 guy here!

Hello everyone,

I am brand new happy owner of K-01 so I decided to register here with fellow pentaxians.
I did my unboxing of the K-01 body
you can hear me being excited!

I also bough lenses SIGMA MULTI-COATED ZOOM LENS 35~70mm f2.8~4 but have not received them yet.

I am kind of new to this exeprience of interchangable lens cameras and overall expensive cameras...

I have couple questions to the experienced users:
- Are the lenses I bough normal for the total beginner ?
- Why my camera makes unpleasant noise when I shake it? (feels like something is loose in it)

Also, for those who don't own K-01 I can make some videos showcasing features of interest, so let me know!

Thank you all!
LevIne

12-13-2012, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #2

Congrats on your purchase! That SIgma lens seems fine, check out some reviews of it in our database HERE! The sound you hear from the camera is the notorious "loose sensor" problem, Pentax factory workers love to leave the sensor unscrewed, so send it back for a replacement...

Just kidding, that sound is normal. Our sensor "floats" on a magnetic chassis for dust removal and Shake Reduction. Happy shooting.
12-13-2012, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool video, bud, now go take some awesome shots
A great feature of Pentax cameras is that they allow the use of all K-mount lenses (just be careful with some old Ricoh lenses with a long pin on them, those need a little modification) and the in-body SR will work with them. The SR is also the sound you might hear in a quiet place. Turning SR off will not stop the sound, because it holds the sensor in place.
12-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nice video, thanks! I hope to be able to do my own unboxing of the K-01 sometime soon....

12-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you guys for the positiveness !

First post freaked me out. Got properly trolled.

I received my lenss and I have to say I am blown away with the shallow depth business that is going on

Also the camera looks sick with the retro lenses

And for the price I paid I dont think there is any way to match the value.

basically I got the body for 316 and lens for 30 so for total of 346 I have APS-C stabilized sensor with 1080p video and external mic....

I am gonna do a video review for the setup with lens these days!
12-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear you got trolled, Levine - I'm relatively new to this board as well, but overall this seems to be a pretty open and friendly place. Lots of good info to be found here. Have fun with your K-01 and new lens!