Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A phenomenal image

Just got home and when I'm sober I will tell you how I got this image and see if it still holds its ground....

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 12-16-2012 at 08:59 AM.
12-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter

phe·nom·e·nal
/fəˈnämənəl/

Adjective
Very remarkable; extraordinary.
Perceptible by the senses or through immediate experience.

Synonyms
extraordinary - uncommon
12-15-2012, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Just got home and when I'm sober I will tell you how I got this image and see if it still holds its ground....
Rule #1 - don't post when drunk.

The title should be "Is the glass half empty or half full".

Last edited by LaurenOE; 12-15-2012 at 08:16 PM.
12-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you sobered up yet Ron? I'm looking forward to the story behind what looks like a pretty good party

12-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I am also curious to what happened behing this picture. Cheers.. (cheers, get it?)
12-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

lol, no that is a really great image, the composition, the angle of view, the way the bokeh matches the dress, just the whole moment, indeed the best candid photographs are done when your drunk...
12-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
Site Supporter

It looks like he's undoing the dress.
12-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
phe·nom·e·nal
/fəˈnämənəl/

Adjective
Very remarkable; extraordinary.
Perceptible by the senses or through immediate experience.

Synonyms: extraordinary - uncommon
I love these things, I also look up to exact meanings and stuff.

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Rule #1 - don't post when drunk.

The title should be "Is the glass half empty or half full".
The thrut is that I'm a mediocre photographer when sober and get exceptional when drunk.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Have you sobered up yet Ron? I'm looking forward to the story behind what looks like a pretty good party
I'm almost alive again. This event is every other year and one off my clients is playing in a band. So I go and make pictures and get beer in return. Lots off beer I have to say

QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
I am also curious to what happened behing this picture. Cheers.. (cheers, get it?)
Getting there...

QuoteOriginally posted by wanderography Quote
lol, no that is a really great image, the composition, the angle of view, the way the bokeh matches the dress, just the whole moment, indeed the best candid photographs are done when your drunk...
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
It looks like he's undoing the dress.
I'm like almost myself again. I had a wonderfull evening at Ons Dorp Live that is every other year in our town Son en Breugel. The band where my client plays the drums was this years closingact (24 bands at 7 locations). De lady in the picture is the bassist from the band Mr. Love and the Stallions that played there last gig in this setting. I also made a portrait earlier, but have to run it true lightroom to make it more poppie. She had this silver shiny dress with open back, but was whering a bra and that was a shame. I did feel the urch earlier to help her with clothingadvice, since this could be done more beautiful (but I didn't). This image I made just before 2 am and I was standing at the bar making some images from the dancing crowed. She was dancing with a girl that was with one guy from the band and the both did make a wonderfull setting to capture. Then her boyfriend (or husband) came dancing along and he saw that I was taking images. So he danced close with his girl, looked into my camera and turned her around and we got this scene. He was very busy getting the bra loose, but couldn't do it. The lady new her friend longer then today and was convident since she had her bra-closing sewed to stay closed

12-18-2012, 10:34 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
He was very busy getting the bra loose, but couldn't do it
Amusing.

My wife seems to like and dislike at the same time that I can always pop her bra off with an effortless pinch.

Practice makes perfect. She likes the perfect, but dislikes how I might have practiced it before her.
12-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #10

awesome indeed!
I can see this in some nigthclub poster lol
12-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I made an A3 print and it looks nice. Maybe I have to get it true some Nik to give it some silverlook to make it look great.
12-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Thank You Ron....
12-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #13

I like the B&W; color would've ruined it...
12-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #14
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

A pheromonal image indeed. Thanks for sharing Ron.
12-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderography Quote
your [yoo r, yawr, yohr; unstressed yer]
pronoun
1. (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.
2. one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
3. (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.

you're [yoo r; unstressed yer]
contraction of you are: You're certain that's right? The best candid photographs are taken when you're drunk.

/trolling

Charles