Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mitman6 Quote
Hello,
I just joined this forum. I've been a Pentax user since the early 1980's. (ME Super, LX and ZX-50). Many different digital P&S camera since then. Coming back to Pentax with a K-01. I was able to get in on the Amazon Cyber Monday $316 K-01 yellow with 40mm lens deal. Here is how my order has gone so far. They stated that the camera was out of stock and would not arrive until after Dec. 24th. I think they were hoping that I would cancel. I waited them out. On 12-15-12, I got a e-mail that my order is in stock and will ship soon. Est. delivery date of 12-19-12 (yay!). Order was shipped from Kentucky via FedEx smart post. It has now left MA. and should be in Maine (my home state) on Tuesday. Then the USPS has to get the camera from Fed Ex. (I wish Amazon would have sent it 100% USPS). Anyway, I will have it very soon. I think it will be the correct camera and lens kit. Amazon has a very precise order item and warehouse pick and pack system. I will report back as soon as I receive my order. I would have prefered a black or white K-01. But with the free 40mm, yellow is fine! Looking forward to using my old smc-m primes with focus peaking.

Regards,
Mike.
Congrats I almost got one but I just bought a K-5 so I had to resist until it was out of stock, even though it's an amazing deal with the lens. I can't buy everything that is a great deal. Part of me still wishes I got it though

(I once waited 6 months for a camera deal to be shipped from dell lol. wasn't worth the effort)

12-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hello,
I just joined this forum. I've been a Pentax user since the early 1980's. (ME Super, LX and ZX-50). Many different digital P&S camera since then. Coming back to Pentax with a K-01. I was able to get in on the Amazon Cyber Monday $316 K-01 yellow with 40mm lens deal. Here is how my order has gone so far. They stated that the camera was out of stock and would not arrive until after Dec. 24th. I think they were hoping that I would cancel. I waited them out. On 12-15-12, I got a e-mail that my order is in stock and will ship soon. Est. delivery date of 12-19-12 (yay!). Order was shipped from Kentucky via FedEx smart post. It has now left MA. and should be in Maine (my home state) on Tuesday. Then the USPS has to get the camera from Fed Ex. (I wish Amazon would have sent it 100% USPS). Anyway, I will have it very soon. I think it will be the correct camera and lens kit. Amazon has a very precise order item and warehouse pick and pack system. I will report back as soon as I receive my order. I would have prefered a black or white K-01. But with the free 40mm, yellow is fine! Looking forward to using my old smc-m primes with focus peaking.
Keep us posted Mike, mine yet not shipped but estimated date remains 21st
12-18-2012, 05:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello,

Regards,
Mike.
Congratulations, and welcome aboard! I don't think any of the retailers anticipated the demand for the K-01 at that price. It had been languishing on shelves at double that price for months. You got the best deal to date on it by far. $316 for the K-01 + 40XS is about $100 less than anything else around. I hope you enjoy your new K-01.
12-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I was able to get in on the Amazon Cyber Monday $316 K-01 yellow with 40mm lens deal.
I wasn't aware that there was ever such a deal offered. So maybe this offer from yesterday wasn't a price mistake but they had one or two packages left in stock that they were willing to sell at the same rate as your cyber monday deal?

anyway, hope you get it soon, with lens included!

12-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #20

No yellow K-01 with 40mm in the mail today. Hopefully tomorrow? Below is a capture of my order. I actually ordered 2 days after Cyber Monday. I was going to purchase the black (body only) on Nov. 27th for $316. But I decided to sleep on it. When I woke up on Nov. 28th, I saw the yellow K-01 with 40mm lens listed a $316. So maybe this is a price error. Stock sold out. Then more stock comes in. (Price still at $316) Camera kit sells out. Seems odd, that it is only the yellow with 40mm priced the same as the others body only? If I'm sent just the body, I will request a return and the correct item which is on my invoice. I'll kept everyone updated.
Attached Images

12-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member

No yellow K-01 with 40mm in the mail today. Hopefully tomorrow? Below is a capture of my order. I actually ordered 2 days after Cyber Monday. I was going to purchase the black (body only) on Nov. 27th for $316. But I decided to sleep on it. When I woke up on Nov. 28th, I saw the yellow K-01 with 40mm lens listed a $316. So maybe this is a price error. Stock sold out. Then more stock comes in. (Price still at $316) Camera kit sells out. Seems odd, that it is only the yellow with 40mm priced the same as the others body only? If I'm sent just the body, I will request a return and the correct item which is on my invoice. I'll kept everyone updated.
Good luck. Some of us had something similar happen with Quill Office Supplies. They sold K-01s + 40XS at a great price but only shipped the camera. They did not honor their sale and claimed it was a supplier problem. Amazon has always stood behind their sales with me in the past, even with pricing errors.
12-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #22

The mailman just delivered my camera. And I'm happy to say that it's the correct K-01 yellow with 40mm xs kit!!! Some pictures below. Signing off , to play with my new toy.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-ZS15  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-ZS15  Photo 
12-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #23
Veteran Member

The mailman just delivered my camera. And I'm happy to say that it's the correct K-01 yellow with 40mm xs kit!!! Some pictures below. Signing off , to play with my new toy.
Congratulations. You got one heck of a deal. Have fun.

12-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Dude! Congrats! I am so jealous, holy... You actually got it.
12-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #25

Thanks,
Still waiting for the battery to fully charge. The K-01 is built very well. Solid as a brick. Glad to be a Pentax user again after almost 20 years!!
12-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Solid as a brick.
That's the best part about Pentax. Even after companies stop using steel as their main outer shell, Pentax is still able to retain the feel and solidity as if they were original non-digital SLR's. Pick up a Canikon APS-C after you hold a Pentax and you'll be reminded of the solid and rugid feel of the beautiful legendary K1000 that other companies don't bring. Welcome back.
12-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Congrats, waiting for mine now
12-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Mine came. It is a brick, but more of a giant lego brick.
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Awesome deal! And hooray for Amazon for coming through-- whether it was a price error or not, they honored the purchase. Enjoy shooting with it!
12-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Ah, your pictures make me regret not jumping on this deal lol. But I can't go buying new cameras every week! My family will think I'm crazy!

Edit: I should just think of it this way: I let someone else buy this nice camera who needs it more than me. Merry Christmas. hehe

Last edited by Douge; 12-20-2012 at 10:57 AM.