Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #31
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
Amazon Price Tracker shows the $316.95 price

Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow) | Amazon price tracker / tracking, Amazon price history charts, Amazon price watches, Amazon price drop alerts | camelcamelcamel.com

12-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #32
Pentaxian
seventysixersfan's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,710
What's weird about that price tracker is that it shows the lowest price of $316.95 occurring on November 28, 2012, which is when Mitman6 placed his order. But what about the day when Yusuf placed his order at this same price, on Dec. 17? That makes me think it was a totally random price mistake.

In any case, these guys were lucky!!
12-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,486
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
In any case, these guys were lucky!!
I agree - Santa must have processed their order. There were some weird prices at first when Amazon restocked. The black and white bodies went to $316, while the yellow stayed at $346, or something like that.
12-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,486
(Slightly puff) piece on BBC showing Amazon.UK's warehouse:

BBC News - Inside Amazon as it faces its busiest shopping period

12-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #35
Veteran Member
Immunogirl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 313
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
What's weird about that price tracker is that it shows the lowest price of $316.95 occurring on November 28, 2012, which is when Mitman6 placed his order. But what about the day when Yusuf placed his order at this same price, on Dec. 17? That makes me think it was a totally random price mistake.

In any case, these guys were lucky!!
It went on sale at $316.95 on Nov 28th - but it was backordered. When it came back in stock on Dec 17th, they shipped out the backorder & sold some more at that price.
12-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #36
Pentaxian
ducdao's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal/Vermont
Posts: 2,160
Groupon has the kit (K-01+40mm) for $299 and it's not a price mistake.

Looks like the $300 price range is now the norm.

I'm so glad that Adorama + UPS screwed up my order when I bought at $346 for the body only. I can now buy the kit for only $299
12-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #37
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Groupon has the kit (K-01+40mm) for $299 and it's not a price mistake.

Looks like the $300 price range is now the norm.

I'm so glad that Adorama + UPS screwed up my order when I bought at $346 for the body only. I can now buy the kit for only $299
Sold out in <3 hours in all 3 colors.
12-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #38
Pentaxian
ducdao's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal/Vermont
Posts: 2,160
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sold out in <3 hours in all 3 colors.
My order got through

12-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #39
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
My order got through
Congratulations! Which color - I heard that the Yellow was the last to sell out. Personally, I think its the nicest looking of the 3.
12-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #40
Pentaxian
ducdao's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal/Vermont
Posts: 2,160
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Congratulations! Which color - I heard that the Yellow was the last to sell out. Personally, I think its the nicest looking of the 3.
I bought the yellow. Will sell the lens for sure since I already got the DA40 limited.
12-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #41
Pentaxian
seventysixersfan's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,710
Or maybe you should sell your da 40 limited and hold onto the XS? You'd get a lot more cash for DA limited and the XS is almost the same optical quality (or maybe exactly the same?). Of course you give up quick shift, hood, and metal build....
12-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #42
Pentaxian
ducdao's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal/Vermont
Posts: 2,160
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Or maybe you should sell your da 40 limited and hold onto the XS? You'd get a lot more cash for DA limited and the XS is almost the same optical quality (or maybe exactly the same?). Of course you give up quick shift, hood, and metal build....
I already tried the XS version and I really don't like it. Besides, I have the full collection of the Limited series and have no intention to break it
12-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #43
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
I already tried the XS version and I really don't like it. Besides, I have the full collection of the Limited series and have no intention to break it
I'd have to agree. I got an XS instead of the Limited when I ordered from a place that advertised the Limited but did a bait and switch. Several here had the same problem. I was underwhelmed with it. Optically it is apparently the same as the Ltd but the 27mm filters, the hood problem, etc. make it less useful to me, even if it is incredibly slim on the camera.
12-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,646
I've already lost the stupid rubber lens cap off my XS. Love the compactness and IQ but just not wide enough for me and I'd rather shoot with the DA 70 for portraits. The 21 is usually on the camera. Might pick up the 15 eventually as well.
12-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #45
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 64
I just wonder how many k01 are still unsold, I can't image there are too many left?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
40mm, camera, k-01, k01, ka-01, mirrorless, pentax k-01, xs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why is my 40mm xs so tight on my K-01? hcc Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 15 02-09-2013 06:56 PM
For Sale - Sold: Kenko K mount Auto Extension Tubes - REDUCED pxpaulx Sold Items 8 01-03-2013 07:06 PM
K-01 still $316 (11/27) Adam Pentax Price Watch 5 11-27-2012 12:10 PM
Pentax K-01 + 40mm xs for 399 euro RonHendriks1966 Pentax Price Watch 5 06-30-2012 10:03 AM
40mm xs v 40mm ltd on K-01 texasgirl Pentax K-01 9 03-15-2012 12:10 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:24 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top