Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, I own them both now.

The $246 shopnbc deal on the Q just sucked me in. Had to get it. Grabbed a K mount adapter off of Amazon while I was at it. Now I own a K-x, K-01, and a Q. LBA my ass, I have CBA right now!

Was hoping the K-01 would be more easily portable/pocketable than it is. It's not bad, but I still don't take it with me everywhere. The Q I think I will. The K-01 does have the advantage of amazing IQ and wonderful focus accuracy, and has become my primary camera (K-x is sad and alone). Hoping the Q surprises and captivates me as much as my K-01 does!

Charles.

12-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am one of those who got the Q and K01 within weeks of each other. My Q is there with me ALL the time. My takumars have gotten a fresh lease of life with the K 01 and the K5 is still the King when I get serious about nailing something. Enjoy your new toys!
12-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find it useful. Enjoy your photography.
12-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
Forum Member

I like the Q as well. Mainly because it is so small and I think it would be cool to get the K mount adapter and experiment with it but a little out of my price range to do all that so I'm investing in another lense for the K-01. Enjoy. Please post some photos and review with results from the K mount adapter.

12-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
Now I own a K-x, K-01, and a Q. LBA my ass, I have CBA right now!
Congrats! At these prices, why not??
12-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Congrats! At these prices, why not??

I also now own both of them . Just ordered the SNBC deal on the Q. I think I can handle 6 monthly payments and it seems like a great deal. Definitely going to look at getting a K adapter to fit other lenses I have.
12-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Count me in too as owning both the K-01 and the Q. Absolutely love them both but I definitely bring the Q with me a lot more whereas the K-01 goes along on planned trips. Honestly, some of my favorite shots have come from totally spontaneous on the spot type situations and when that happens the Q is always RTG (ready to go).

12-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #8
Veteran Member

The q is a fantastic little camera. I often carry mine with me - while it isn't exactly pants pocketable it is eminently jacket pocketable. Eventually I'd like to add the tele zoom lens to my q kit but for now I am content with the 01 prime.

I'm considering a k-01 as a companion to my k5 so I don't have to change lenses - keep something wide on the k-01 and something long on the k5. Seems like a pretty affordable backup/second camera.