Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
turning K-01 LCD off?

The manual isn't coughing up the info for me (it's probably right there, but...), the internets aren't helping me, and though it's probably been asked, I can't find the thread here at PF :P - is there a way to turn the LCD off on the K-01?
Thx!

12-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #2

Info
Info
-select third option-"display off"

What are you using for a viewfinder?
12-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Amaroq Quote
Info
Info
-select third option-"display off"

What are you using for a viewfinder?
THANK you!

Oh, I've got the camera pre-focused on my hummingbird feeder with a 500mm lens and a remote. Now I need to camp out and wait till I see a hummingbird, then trigger the camera by remote. Meanwhile, the LCD is eating the battery :P I knew there was a way to turn it off, but I couldn't seem to scare it up.

I also can't find the mayonnaise if it's more than 1 layer back in the fridge, however, so there's that

Thanks, Amaroq!

12-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I seem to have turned into the Gameboy-playing-kids I always laughed at - I immediately thought "<INFO><INFO><RIGHT><RIGHT><INFO>".

(Also <INFO><INFO><RIGHT><RIGHT><OK>, <INFO><INFO><RIGHT><RIGHT><Half-shutter-press>, and any of the above using the thumbwheel instead of <RIGHT>. Choose your favorite!)

12-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
Oh, I've got the camera pre-focused on my hummingbird feeder with a 500mm lens and a remote.
You still have hummers this time of year?

Are you using a corded remote?
I ask only because the 01 doesn't have a rear facing IR sensor, or whatever it's called.

PS: get the huge jar of mayo from Costco, you can't miss it.
12-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I programmed a Universal Remote to work with my Pentaxes (it's one of the Sony codes, don't remember which). That thing's got so much more power than the little camera remotes, I can stand behind the camera and point it at a subject across the room, and the signal bounces off the target (and any furniture in the room) and fires the camera from the sensor on the front.
12-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
You still have hummers this time of year?

Are you using a corded remote?
I ask only because the 01 doesn't have a rear facing IR sensor, or whatever it's called.

PS: get the huge jar of mayo from Costco, you can't miss it.

Yeah, here in Seattle we have Anna's Hummingbirds year round. AND THEY ARE HUNGRY!

Using the 500mm lens, the camera is actually on a tripod across the room and I'm sitting half between it and the window - so the little IR remote works just fine. Two IR sensors *is* one of the things I miss about the K5

LOL at the Costco mayo